“Best pizzas ever!!”

Ranked #4 of 88 Restaurants in Bakewell
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Description: Ricci's Fine Italian foods is a sit-in CAFE and also a take-away. We strive to serve the best authentic Italian foods, at a fair price, in pleasant surroundings. We pride ourselves on freshness, cleanliness and a friendly atmosphere. Our Italian coffee is rated as the best by MANY customers.
“Best pizzas ever!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The food is delicious and the hospitality is second to none. The pizzas are the best I have ever tasted and they do what ever you ask for. If I have a pizza elsewhere it is just not the same. The garlic bites and pesto swirls are also favourites of ours.

• Visited July 2014
lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hi Hans,
Well, I can't argue with you there! Ever since I first tasted the pizza at Ricci's (as a customer), I've thought this.
Now, as one of the owners, I STILL get that feeling whenever I eat one. Of course, now we are the owners, we can do them with whatever toppings we like (and believe me, we are really creative).
Heaven in a base - Mmmmmmmm!

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Quaint in a good way!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I've been to this place on and off for around 7 years and it's still serves beautifully tasting dishes! The chilli kick in the hot and spicy dishes I've tried are perfect and the olives!? Just wow! The only thing I would suggest is bigger plates for the larger pizzas because they fit the plates so perfectly I've tended to spill the amazing bolognese topping onto the table or myself! Such a waste!

lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Ah Emma - DON'T get me started on plates!!!! If you knew the trouble we had with trying to source the perfect plate GRRRR! We've JUST replaced the plates (again) with what they call coupe plates. They are more dish-like, and slightly bigger, Hopefully, your precious bolognese will run towards the middle :-)
Anyway, so glad you enjoy Ricci's, and Sue & I thank you for this lovely review.
Lincolnshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WARM WELCOME, GREAT FOOD!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A little jewel of an italian cafe! Staff very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
The menu was varied and available in three plate sizes, food was freshly prepared and of an excellent standard.
The addition of outside seating in the evening sun made for a pleasant location to watch the world go by and enjoy a coffee after our meal.
Thank you Les & Sue, see you at next years Eroica Britannia.
Cheers Paul & Kim.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank kimmy33
Hi Paul & Kim,
thank you for taking the time to write a review of Ricci's, it's much appreciated :-)
Yes, this time of the year, the outside seats are very popular, as they get the warm sunshine early evening onwwards. If we're not busy, we like to sit out there ourselves with a flat white.
One thing, we only do TWO sizes, 10" or 7" pizza, or large & small pasta (on same size plates). That third plate on our wall is red, for the Italian flag colours ;-)
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

After a hectic weekend with hundreds of cycling enthusiasts in the village, this little gem of an Italian eaterie still made us feel more than welcome with only 20 minutes to go before closing time. Sitting outside in the evening sunshine devouring beautifully cooked pizzas and delicious fresh salad all served with a genuine smile.....what more could one ask for after a long day hiking in the Dales?

• Visited June 2014
Hello Marilyn,
Thanks for the lovely review - it's customers like you two that keep us smiling - we LOVE the job, and love giving people what they want.
Les & Sue
ashton-under-lyne
“excellent”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

freshly baked pizzas really helpful and friendly staff will make your pizzas how you like them can't wait for my next pizza

Visited June 2014
lesjsin, Owner at Ricci's, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thanks 'Eagle' - that's what we do - try to make EVERYTHING the way our customers like it. Just ask, we aim to please.
Thank you very much for the review.