“Relaxing Sunday lunch”
Review of Hassop Hall Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bakewell
Hassop Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bakewell
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We have visited Hassop Hall approximately 6 times mainly for Sunday lunch. We have found it necessary to book well in advance of our planned visit.

The Hotel has lovely gardens to sit and enjoy a drink outside when the sun is shining.

The staff are always very friendly and efficient. The dining rooms are elegant and very comfortable. The atmosphere is always very relaxed and has a friendly ambiance. Also the bar area and comfortable lounges are pleasant to sit and enjoy your coffee.

Our lunch was lovely - 3 courses and coffee. The menu offers a lovely selection of dishes. We found wine prices to be very reasonable.

The Hotel has a lovely country house feel and you are never rushed and this makes you feel that you really dont want to leave.

Hassop Hall is a lovely place to celebrate a special occasion or treat yourself to a nice lunch or evening meal.

We always look forward to our next visit which we hope will be soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2012

We spent just one night at Hassop Hall and I wish it had been a longer stay. We felt as though we'd stepped back in time and were at a landowner's house party. It was raining when we arrived and a crackling fire in the huge hallway fireplace was very welcoming. The reception was tucked away in a little room with a small counter that reminded me of a station ticket office. Everyone was very, very pleasant and everyone acknowledged us with a smile. Our cases were carried to our room, which had beautiful views over the gardens. An old-style radio and alarm clock were on the bed-side table. The furniture was old and highly polished - so much nicer than modern fitted furniture. We had a large bathroom with a wonderful shower. The fluffy white towels and dressing gowns were monogrammed and very luxurious.
We were offered breakfast in our room bbut chose to have it downstairs. Starched linen tablecloth and napkins graced the table along with lovely roses picked from the grounds. My hot croissants were brought in a basket covered with a linen cloth and my husband's cooked breakfast was delicious.
We hope to return to this wonderful hotel. A stone's throw away is the Eyre Arms pub and I can recommend the steak and kidney pie!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deb1712Southport
Reviewed 9 July 2012

After many years traveling to Bakewell for work, I have always thourght Hassop Hall looked a beautiful place to stay, It took us seventeen years to come back, and we're so glad we did. The staff where lovely and very welcoming,and our room was beautiful especially the veiw, looking straight out to fields and very well kept fountain and garden. We stayed for dinner which was something very special, and the breakfast the next moring, was all beautifuly presented on a white linen cloth table to our room, enough to stoke us up for the whole day!
Hassop Hall is as we had always imagined it, and it lived up to and beyond our expectations, Thankyou to everyone for making our stay so special.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScotlandFreddie
Reviewed 3 July 2012

A recent Saturday wedding and overnight stay was just fabulous. Food wonderful, staff couldn't do enough, opulance without attitude! Car problems on Sunday and the staff did everything and more to help, special thank you to Alison and her jump leads despite a busy lunch time. A hidden gem in the Peak District will definately be back.

Room Tip: Views are great wherever you are, 2nd floor smaller but still lovely, 1st floor wow!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank claire l
Reviewed 3 July 2012

at the most emotional times - like today, you always have a critical eye, and all I can say is that Hassop laid on a fantastic tribute to the person we were there to celebrate. Excellent service, excellent food and excellent surroundings. Thank you to all the team, waiting on staff and sommelier's - it was a fitting tribute to a great man.Thank you - you made the difference.

Room Tip: sadly we didn't saty, but have donme on a numerious of occasions, but can't remember our roo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nozzer_on_tour
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My husband and I usually holiday in the states where we have stayed at some truly excellent hotels. I did not think that an English hotel could excite me. I was wrong. I loved this hotel from the start. As you sweep up the drive, surrounded by beautiful Derbyshire countryside you know you are in for a treat. The hotel is old - if you want all 'mods cons' go find a Marriott. That said, I thought the facilities were very good. The room was very nice, traditional, comfortable bed. We only had the cheapest room, but we were given a view at the front of the property, over looking the fountain and Debyshire hills. We had drinks in the bar - very old and atmospheric- I felt just like Miss Eliza Benett from Pride and Prejudice - you remember the bit where she visits Derbyshire with her Aunt and Uncle? The meal on both nights was excellent. The service was very attentive and I love the way they give you free bottled water at the table. They also give you fruit in the room, tea and coffee, more complimentary bottled water and Molton Brown bath goodies. They also have the softest, largest, fluffiest towels of any hotel I have ever been too. Everything is top quality. Sheets and towels monogramed! Let's put the argument about breakfast in the room to bed once and for all. Having breakfast in the room, wearing your nightie and fluffy bathrobe provided by them, is a rare treat in these hectic days! It was excellent. They wheeled a table into my room then set the chairs around it. I've only seen this in the movies! We ate at our leisure in complete comfort. Then went back to bed to read the complimentary paper! It was like being in the Christmas episoe of Downton Abbey! Do not hestiate to stay here. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: This hotel is very good value - frankly I think they should charge a bit more!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B0urnem0uthTraveller
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The day before I arrived at Hassop Hall, a couple from Chesterfield told me that the restaruant was their special occasion place.

For me, staying at the hotel was a special occasion -- and one that I hope to enjoy again in the future. From the moment that I arrived the staff could not have been more helpful - I arrived exhausted and dropped my heavy suitcase in the parking lot .;.. the receptionist went and got it for me.

I was upgraded to a large room overlooking the garden. The room couldn't have been bigger. The bathroom was huge - I swear that I've stayed in London hotel rooms as big as the bathroom. The decor was lovely. As a welcoming gesture, they'd put an American and British flag in my room (this was repeated at my dinner table) -- what a lovely and personzlied welcoming touch.

Dinner was delcious - including my favorite British dessert - Summer Pudding. Breakfast was wonderful. I prefer to have breakfast in my room so this was a really nice touch.

The hotel is really beautiful and so are the gardents. Enjoyed this hotel so much.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank lauriedominic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bakewell
Bagshaw Hall
Cavendish Hotel
#2 of 2 in Baslow
Losehill House Hotel & Spa
The Izaak Walton Hotel

Been to Hassop Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!