“Exceptional service”
Review of Hassop Hall Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bakewell
Hassop Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bakewell
Reviewed 8 August 2013

On the 8th August we called in at Hassop Hall Hotel around lunchtime for light refreshments without having made a booking only to find that a wedding was in full swing. Fully expecting to be turned away we were delighted to be welcomed and served most graciously and would like to publicly thank the manager for his genuine hospitality. The stylish setting and the service made this a remarkable visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank eloise60

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The room was ok, although the view over the carpark wasn't particularly exciting. The staff were nice but generally uninformative. Based on reports, we were expecting the food to be excellent - it wasn't. It was adequate, but I have eaten far better in many less-exhaulted places. However, my big problem was the extremely unprofessional dinner service. Cutlery was dropped all over the place, the wine waiter didn't have a clue about what he was supposed to do and basic rules of service were simply not followed. Even my husband was shocked by some of the faux pas and he is in general easy-going to a fault. So, extremely disappointed given that the cost of the whole experience was close to £200.

4  Thank JaneD1000
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I thought this hotel was difficult to fault.
The building and location is lovely, the staff were friendly, helpful and offered a personal service. The room was beautiful with a wonderful outlook. The food was fresh, tasty and served piping hot. We had dinner both nights and particularly enjoyed the selection of vegetables served with the meal and choosing from a dessert trolley. The raspberry roulade was light and delicious served with a raspberry coulis.
On the second night we enjoyed our pre dinner drinks with friends on the lawn outside on a gorgeous warm evening.
We were staying at the hotel because we were attending a funeral. The wake was held in the ballroom which was in a building detached from the house. This was a quite beautiful room and was laid out immaculately with fresh flowers and bowls of fruit on all the tables.

2  Thank hollins1
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed for a wedding and generally couldn't fault the place. Stunning grounds, lovely building. I'd like to say I slept well but sadly the other guests (all of whom I knew) kept me awake all night, but so be it :-)
Our room was nice enough but the bathroom really needs updating, for a £100+ a night place you really expect a nicer bathroom than we had, but it didn't really matter.
Breakfast the next morning was excellent, couldn't be bettered.
One odd thing, on arrival we requested a fan in our room. The receptionist assured us we wouldn't need one as the rooms were nice and cool. We sweltered all night, only to discover the next morning there was a fan in the wardrobe. A heads up on this might have been nice...!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kov
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We only stayed one night but what a treat it was, we had a garden view room which was lovely with lots of space, a very comfortable bed and as the weather was very hot the hotel had put an electric fan in the room which was very nice. We had drinks in the garden and chose our four course evening meal while enjoying the late evening sun, the dining room was very elegant and the service was excellent, breakfast was also served in the dining room which overlooked the garden, the choice and quality of food was again excellent, well done and thank you to all the staff for making our short stay so enjoyable, we will hopefully be back for a longer stay in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

The title says it all. Rooms look dated and tired. Everything else is excellent . Service outstanding Food excellent will return for our one nighter next year hopefully .Been coming for five years an integral part of our Peak District experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this weekend, a present from my brother for our silver wedding.

Room wasnt ready on arrival so we were showed to the terrace and given tea, and in my case a pepsi. About half an hour later were shown to our room, which was a superior front facing one,and it was very large, and we were delighted with.

I went to sit outside (too hot for hubbie) and staff very attentive getting drinks for me when glass was empty..even though floating around most of the time, you werent aware of it!

Dinner was extremely busy but on booking room had been told was a wedding on..was also a 70th Birthday Party, yet somehow the staff made us feel as if we were individuals. meal was very good. My husband still raving abt the french onion soup and the rack of lamb done properly lol

Bed was comfortable but unfortunately due to oppresive heat (even with a fan on full) didnt get much sleep

You can decide where to have breakfast..room, dining room or terrace..we decided to have in room. Imagine my surprise to have a table wheeled into room with full silver service!

I most def would recommend this hotel as a special treat. Staff first class, food outstanding and weather picture perfect. An heavenly break away, just a pity was only one night!

Room Tip: Its worth the wee bit extra to get a front facing room, as overlook the gardens