“An Experience!”

Lavender Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Bakewell
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Burton on Trent
“An Experience!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

....Meant in the nicest way!
It IS an experience to visit the Lavender Tea rooms. The decor and presentation of the place is not to be missed - it's so different from anywhere else.
The service is second to none and it must be popular as it was full (there is an upstairs as well as the downstairs) when we tried to visit on Saturday (Xmas in Bakewell weekend). Having been before we persevered and managed to secure the last table at lunchtime on Sunday.
Lovely tea and Bakewell puddings. Already looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited December 2013

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Tea Room Experience”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I've had the pleasure of going to these tea rooms twice this year, once for a sophisticated hen party in the summer where we were able to book the upstairs area for a private afternoon tea, and most recently with a friend for a birthday treat. On both occasions I cannot fault the food, service or atmosphere. The tea rooms are situated in a wonderful little courtyard, an amazing setting where you could be anywhere in the world (apart from the weather sometimes giving it away!). The staff are very helpful and friendly. If I lived nearer I would be very poor and very overweight for the number of times I would like to visit these tea rooms! I have only ever had the afternoon tea but there are other options on the menu which look equally appetising. And whilst the cost of the afternoon tea is a little on the expensive side you won't be disappointed with the value for money in the amount of food and quality of it. Highly recommended for all ages and all occasions, from a sophisticated afternoon tea with a friend to a romantic visit with a partner.

Abergele, United Kingdom
“Fantastic find”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Found this tearoom by chance whilst looking for somewhere for a light lunch in Bakewell. Tucked in a courtyard of the main road through town, the charming tea room is full of warmth and character. The owner was very friendly and made you feel very much at home, whilst the beautiful china and décor made for a relaxing lunch. I had a sandwich and a pot of tea, which was lovely and fresh, and well presented. Managed to resist one of the homemade cakes on offer, but will definitely indulge on my next visit.

Would recommend this to anyone wanting a relaxing, tasty lunch in very pleasant surroundings.

“What a lovely place!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I'm a regular visitor to Bakewell but only discovered this lovely little place today, having explored a little more than I usually do. Excellent and very friendly service, lovely food (very substantial club sandwich with all the trimmings) and delicious tea drunk from an egg shell thin china cup and saucer. I really felt as though I was giving myself a treat rather than just having popped in somewhere for a quick bite to eat. I was too full to sample the cakes and pastries but they looked very tasty.

I'm quite annoyed with myself really because a few weeks ago and friend and I were hoping to have afternoon tea in the town and couldn't find anywhere suitable. We'd walked out of the nearby Rutland Arms in disgust - if only we'd known that this little gem was there.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A pleasure from beginning to end.”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We attended the Lavender Tea Rooms today, from the minute we walked in we were made to feel as valuable as the cups and saucers used to serve the tea and cake. Most importantly the food was outstanding, we had the traditional afternoon tea which consisted of a selection of wonderful sandwiches and cakes, as if we weren't given enough we were even offered some apple pie if we felt like something more! The atmosphere was friendly, the staff couldn't do enough for you and the service was excellent. If you are thinking of an afternoon tea we would highly recommend a visit, this is, in our opinion, one of the best in Derbyshire.

1 Thank Bungle29