“Holiday Lunch Haven”

Tiroler Stuberl
Ranked #5 of 8 Dessert in Bakewell
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Tiroler Stuberl the Austrian Coffee shop and Sausage Importer. Tiroler Stuberl is a small Family Business. We have been serving the local community as well as many visitors to Bakewell for 24 years with our ever expanding range of genuine Austrian Products. We serve anything from fresh cream scones to authentic Austrian Bratwurst and a large range of teas and coffees. We pride ourselves on having probably the friendliest bunch of waitresses in town - so service with a smile is guaranteed.
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We found this really lovely restaurant whilst strolling around Bakewell

The owners of 27 years are excellent and the cuisine and range of coffee in cafeterias was amazing

A place to rest, recharge and read your book

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I arrived and after 10min cleared my own table. Took the used plates and cutlery into the cafe to be told...just leave um there! Ordered after 5min which was good. Waited 45mins!! For our drinks....food then arrived. Well over £6.50 for a sandwich? 1 slice of ham and grated cheddar? No garnish, no nothing. The sandwich wasn't even cut. So that was sent back. Over £10 for 2 sausages and a so called role. It was a pathetic English cob thrown in a basket.

The poor waitress was trying to take another order, when the owner comes out and says come here. She looks really embarrassed and says to drive customer I'm so sorry my boss wants me. The customers the left. Whilst we were say there...3 groups of customers left because tables were not cleared. No service and poor management.

This place got me really cross. Everyone was complaining.

Your prices are insane by the way. Who charges £1.70 for a children's cordial???? We won't be back.

Your sausages were lovely though but you can't really take the credit for food ordered in.

Really mad with this place.

1  Thank Wayne K
Julie L, Owner at Tiroler Stuberl, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Not going to waste too much time on this one.You came on a tremendously busy day when we were full upstairs and had a full courtyard.Our tables were cleared as soon as was humanly possible and most people could see how busy the staff were and waited patiently...except you who thought it best to moan and bring in the dishes when we would have cleared it for you had you waited. We had no room inside the serving area due to the 8 orders we had waiting.I heard you moaning when I went outside to help my staff.You were out of order and obviously expect your food to appear immediately once ordered.
The sandwich was £5.50..get your facts right!
Does not say it comes with side salad and I think you are capable of cutting up your sandwich yourself.Some people like squares some like triangles therefore we do not cut it.
Nothing pathetic about an English cob!
You are not welcome back here.Make room for the many returning customers who are more than happy with our food and service and have been for 27 years.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Called in when on a day trip to Bakewell and were pleasantly surprised.
The sausages we chose varied as there were 6 of us in our party and we were all very happy with our choices
The lad who waited on us was very pleasant and the service was reasonably prompt

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We popped in here for a hot drink and a snack one afternoon. We chose Tiroler Stuberl because we liked the look of it, and also because we found the idea of an Austrian Coffee House intriguing and appealing.

Right from the start we found it quirky, from the size and shape of the shop downstairs to being advised to ring a bell in the seating area upstairs once we were ready to order.

Sadly, I wasn't hungry at all having indulged in a large lunch earlier, but my wife wanted some pudding. I thought it was a shame I couldn't eat anything, as the sausages really did look good, and if I ever return, I'll make a point of trying one! We rang the bell and a polite young man came to take our order of one coffe, one tea and

Our order didn't take long to arrive. In the mean time I was dleighted ot see that there were plenty of books to browse, including a guide book for Vienna. It was 15 years old, but nonetheless it provided me with a very interesting diversion while waiting for and drinking my tea.

My wife's apple strudel was said to be delicious, and she thought her coffee was lovely. My tea was fine. I had a generous pot full which took a long time to finish.

The courtyard are looked as though it would be brilliant on a nicer day than we had, and the toilet was good, too.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Even the grumblings of the party on the next table could not take the edge off 2 large well cooked Bratwurst with a large, soft roll and a full flavoured coffee. It is the simplest of meals but just right and therefore memorable. Service was prompt and straightforward. The dining room is in the large attic. It has magazines from a few years ago and is seriously without frills. You are in a place where the only thing that matters is the good, German-Austrian grub. Don’t come if you yearn for paper doileys and nostalgia for 1955 because you too will grumble. Downstairs is a tiny shop. I left with three or four Bratwurst and a very satisfied stomach.