“Bank holiday Monday visit.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 82 Restaurants in Bakewell
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Wyes Waters Tea Rooms is located in the heart of Bakewell just off Granby Road. We serve a large range of hot and cold drinks including traditional loose leaf teas and fruit teas and Pollards ground coffees served in our signature cafetieres. We have a large, all day menu which includes full English breakfasts, homemade soups and quiches, hearty lunches such as steak pie and vegetables, snacks like toasties and jacket potatoes and a delicious selection of desserts. We also have daily specials.
Northwich, England, United Kingdom
“Bank holiday Monday visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

There is a good market on in Bakewell on bank holidays and we always try to visit. The best place for a breakfast is Wyes waters; this establishment opens nice and early, which is a BIG bonus for us ,as we are early birds. From beginning to end I would rate our breakfast experience as excellent. The place is lovely and clean and the staff are a delight, from a cheery "Good morning" when you enter to a "Good bye" when you leave. Breakfast is well cooked and real tasty and you get REAL TEA for a change, with a sweet little tea strainer. Well done to everyone, keep up the good work, we will most definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jan G
MylesMellor, Owner at Wyes Waters, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hi,

Thanks for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to say something for us. It helps us to try and do the best and continue to do the best we can for all our customers. I have passed on all the feedback to all the staff and it really does keep our morals high to hear we are doing something well.

Next time try visiting at the end of a bank holiday monday... We try to smile all day but the last one we had could only be described as brutal and it might of been a smile through a grimace!!

See you again soon we hope!

Edinburgh
“delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were determined to find somewhere to sit in and enjoy some traditional Bakewell tart! My partner and I had the original Bakewell pudding and two cups of tea.

The Bakewell puddings were delicious and so moreish - luckily the portion size was more than adequate so we didn't need to order extra!

The tea was loose leaf and we managed 2 cups each from the pot. Really refreshing and hit the spot.

This was a great find and we'd recommend!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank myers2009
MylesMellor, Owner at Wyes Waters, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hi Thanks for your review. Really appreciate you taking time out to do this and glad you enjoyed the Bakewell Pudding and custard. Yes they are very moreish!!

We look forward to welcoming you back one day very soon for tea and pudding.

Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Excellent Little Place with Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My partner and I visited Bakewell as part of a Coach Mystery Tour Weekend so we had no idea what to do or plans made for our visit to Bakewell - visiting this little Tea Room was literally a case of stumbling upon the first place to do food when we decided we were hungry. In this case it worked out really well for us - we had a very enjoyable lunch with really friendly and personable service; plus there was a pleasent friendly atmosphere in the room with lots of regulars who were known by name by all the staff.

Before we were served, I had a slight concern about the place due to my partner going to use the toilets with one being in use and the one she went to use being a bit of a mess, so much so she decided to try and wait to see if the other one was free. When she went up again it was and she said it was perfectly fine, but perhaps that is the only point of improvement I could make. With it being so constantly busy, the staff were run off their feet.

Our food was excellent; I enjoyed the Bacon, Brie & Cranberry Toastie off the specials board whilst my partner had a Cheese & Onion sandwich. All really fresh and tasty, including the real ice cream milk shakes. Being from Northern Ireland, I'm a little ignorant to the ins and outs of the Bakewell Puddings and Tarts, but I got a really honest and friendly description of the differences between the ones the tea rooms offered. So I went for it and I wasn't disappointed, a massive pudding with generous helpings of custard - it was one of the highlights of my whole weekend!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MylesMellor, Owner at Wyes Waters, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Hi Thanks for taking the time to review us.
We are glad you had a nice time and enjoyed our food. I think I remember chatting to you about you mystery tour and you having the bakewell pudding and custard!! Glad you enjoyed it.

Really sorry about the toilets. We are in the process of giving them a good paint and polish and this last week there has been a bit of working going with doors taken off and the like so I can only apologise for any inconvenience here.

We hope you can visit again one day soon.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Another great lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We only visit Bakewell perhaps three or four times a year, but Wyes Waters Tea Room is always our favourite for lunch.

I'm a big fan of the steak pie dinner, but today I thought I'd be adventurous and try a special off the blackboard, the home made turkey and stuffing pie! (Okay, it may not sound very adventurous, but I normally ALWAYS have the steak pie!)

The turkey pie was gorgeous, served piping hot with cabbage, peas, carrots and new potatoes, all covered in lashings of gravy. I just hope it makes the transition from the blackboard to the main menu!

My wife had her favourite, quiche, salad and new potatoes, and Dad wasn't hungry so just had a toasted tea cake.

The people here were just as friendly as ever, and they seem to get many local customers, which is always a good sign for a cafe.

In summary, nice people and nice grub. Good helpings, and reasonable prices. We'll be back!

Visited March 2014
MylesMellor, Owner at Wyes Waters, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Hi,Thanks for the review. Really appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you think. We hope we can continue to keep up our standards and deliver great new products for you to try. We have a few pies and ideas up our sleeves so hopefully we can find something great for your next visit.

Thank you for visiting us again!

Matlock, United Kingdom
“Especially welcoming, good food and dog friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

A lovely friendly, comfortable traditional tea room. The menu covers a good choice from scone and butter through all day beakfasts to light meals.
They serve a good selection of teas - real leaves - and coffees all with a welcoming smile and a little friendly banter.
We live not too far away and whenever in Bakewell we will stop here for a snack. They are always welcoming to our two (well behaved) dogs and may even offer a little treat for "our boys". I have never known them turn our dogs away although we would fully understand if the restaurant was crowded. Which it frequently is on Market day (Monday) and weekends.
If you are visiting Bakewell I could offer no finer recommendation than Wyes Waters for a refill.

• Visited January 2014
MylesMellor, Owner at Wyes Waters, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Hi Thanks for your review. We really appreciate you spending time telling us what you think. We are always looking for new ideas so always feel free to let us know. We hope to see you again soon.