“A Good Indian Restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rajas

Rajas
Ranked #6 of 82 Restaurants in Bakewell
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
hornchurch,essex
“A Good Indian Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We went in here on a quiet Sunday. The meals we had were very good. I had the Lamb Rogan Gosh and my wife had a mixed Biryani - which had a bit of 'bite' to it. The service was good and the portions large. Thoroughly recomended

Visited April 2014
1 Thank johnofhornchurch

Oslo, Norway
“Good food, not so good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were here on a quiet Tuesday night. My husband ordered tandoori chicken and I took scampi. I was told that they were very dry (!), so the waiter recommended a carry-sauce. I seldom complain about price, but 3,50 was a small robbery, I think. Food was good, especially the nan-bread. Service was very quick, a bit too quick actually (plates were taken away nearly before we finished), the waiters were not smiling at all, and they did not seem to be very interested in their guests. A bad day at work maybe. Give three because of the food.

Visited April 2014
Horley, United Kingdom
“Excellent Indian Cuisine and Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I have eaten on several occasions at Rajas. Every time we have visited the food has been lovely, and really good size portions. We particularly like the Murg Makni which is a delicious Kashmiri dish, as well as the Monk Masala and Chicken Paneer. The service is always friendly and welcoming, and we look forward to our regular visits there . Rajas is also one of the few places in Bakewell where you can get a good, value for money meal in the evening, particularly on a Sunday when most of the eating places in town stop serving food at 6pm.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Nigel H
“A surprising find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

You don't really get a great impression when you get to the doorway of this place with it having shared foyer with a boom store but once you get inside the place is really nice. The menu is not that inspiring but it has all the Indian restaurant staples on there. I had the mixed kebab starter which was lovely. The best chicken tikka I had had in years. And booth my wife's king prawn tikka and my lamb jalfrezi mains were great. Less than 40 quid for the two of us was a surprise as well. Mango lassi was great too.

1 Thank richard b
Surrey, U.K.
“Good food and lots of it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Initial impressions were good in that unlike some Indian restaurants the interior looked very inviting and we were not disappointed by the food either. Good quality and very generous portions made for a very pleasant evening with friends. We do not live locally so are unlikely to visit regularly but, if we did , I would like to see a bigger choice of dishes.

• Visited April 2014