“Baking Masterclass”

Hartingtons of Bakewell
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I recently attended the Baking Masterclass with Danny Bryden. Like every other course that I have attended at Hartingtons it was brilliant – thanks to the people involved. It was a fast paced and productive day – I learnt lots and came home laden down with delicious food. Danny was excellent – encouraging, positive and supportive. Instructions were clear and easy to follow. I learnt to make strudel pastry and macaroons which have defeated me until now. It was an intense day and great fun. Danny was open and friendly – answering all our questions ,even those about the Bake Off, and shared lots of tips. She was really generous with her time, staying well after the official finish time to ensure that we all completed our bakes – and donated her fee to charity!
The venue is fantastic and Julie and Chris worked as hard as ever clearing up and ensuring that everyone enjoyed the day.
I would unreservedly recommend anyone – novice or experienced cook - to give it a try and I am looking forward to the next course.

1  Thank EClairDerbyshire

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I had a superb day learning about the art of foraging and was surprised how tasty some of the 'weeds' are! I'll never look at look at a verge or hedgerow in the same way again. The owners Chris and Julie made me feel welcome along with Chris Bax the foraging legend who kept things interesting and educational throughout the day.

1  Thank Traveller1059
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We recently attended a tapas making course and my husband has previously attended a pork pie making course. We had a really great day, Dave the tutor was very knowledgeable and encouraging and the venue is excellent. The pace of both courses was perfect for beginners and help was readily available if needed. We'd really recommend this cookery school.

1  Thank RJHNorthYorks
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Attended a fabulous fish masterclass on Friday. Learnt how to fillet fish which we all successfully managed and felt a great sense of achievement. We ended up making 3 dishes to take home, Christian made a 4th dish for us for lunch and we also prepared a cured salmon dish. Future attendees should make sure their dining plans for the following couple of days allow for the dishes to be eaten, particularly the 1kg of salmon or the food could go to waste. Might be worth including a little bit of theory or wider discussion on other types of fish and and dos and donts of working with fish. will definitely plan to visit Christian's fish shop in Sharrow Vale. Great location and well organised, will definitely do other courses.

1  Thank CatherineRawson
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I recently attended a bread making course and had a wonderful day. The course taught me all I needed to know to get going at home. I can thoroughly recommend the course, something not to be missed. Wonderfully organised, friendly and at the speed this oldie could keep up with.

1  Thank Rhona B