“So good we did it twice”
Review of Upstairs Cafe

Upstairs Cafe
Ranked #3 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Bakewell
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A friend and I decided to have a day in Bakewell so we made an early start. We decided on the Upstairs Cafe to have a light breakfast. I had toast and preserve and my friend had a toasted tea cake and two lovely strong cups of coffee. After a long morning walking around all the shops we decided to back to the cafe for lunch. I had baked ham,cheese and tomato panini with salad and my friend had the pate. Both meals were substantial and tasty. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly.
A nice clean place with plenty of space between tables. Would recommend this cafe to anyone visiting Bakewell.

There are newer reviews for Upstairs Cafe

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

We came here while on holiday a few months ago. My boyfriend had a panini and I had a soup and chicken sandwich, followed by a chai latte which was delicious! We even bought the mix to take home with us! Good value, friendly staff and generous portions however downside was when I got home discovered I had food poisoning,must have been the chicken however sure this was a one off so if ever in bake well again will still eat here. Good but shame about the chicken.

3  Thank Hannah G
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Always a smile from the friendly staff, good fresh food, nothing complicated and reasonable in price. Very clean and tidy and good toilets.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I met my aunt here on my lunch break. We both had salads and pots of tea. Total cost of meal 18.00 ish....

I had the salmon and prawn salad without any sauce or coleslaw or bread (my request). It was nice but I expected more salad or prawns instead if they were charging the same price but didnt get anything additional - plate was a bit sparse - maybe I should have asked to swop those elements rather than not have them at all.

My aunt had chicken and bacon salad with everything and it was a big portion of food so she was happy. Not sure if the chicken and bacon are freshly cooked and local or pre- prepared - it would have been nice to know.

No sauces or condiments offered which I think is poor.

Tea and milk was perfect and we were even offered top - ups for free :)

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Me and the wife stopped in here for lunch on a trip to Bakewell. The service was excellent and very friendly. There was an excellent choice on the menu with a good specials board.

Food was hot and just the right size. It was a lovely lunch, If you are ever in Bakewell I would recommend a visit!