“SUPERB FOOD AND SERVICE. AMAZING CHOICE. FAULTLESS.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hassop Hall

Hassop Hall
Ranked #13 of 82 Restaurants in Bakewell
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oakham, United Kingdom
“SUPERB FOOD AND SERVICE. AMAZING CHOICE. FAULTLESS.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I were treated to dinner here by friends of ours. From drinks in the cosy bar, with its log fire and "Gentlemen's Club" atmosphere, to the immaculate, beautifully presented Dining Room, it was faultless.

The choice and quality of the food was as good as we have ever experienced anywhere and the staff were all subtly attentive. We each chose four courses, which were generous and delicious. I can thoroughly recommend the duckling in orange sauce and the fish soup was as good as any I've had in the Mediterranean! We couldn't resist the sweet trolley, but could well have done without the extra calories! Yum!

Members of the family which runs the hotel and restaurant were there to check that everything was to our liking. Highly recommended.

Southwell, United Kingdom
“Consistently superb!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Have visited and stayed at this gem of a Country House on several occasions and I find it unbeatable no matter where else I try.
Friendly reception and quality treatment from the wonderful staff who really do add to your treat and special occasion.
Lovely lounge and bar area for pre dinner drinks. No hassle serving of drinks and then menu selection including advice on the days fayre.
Luxurious dining rooms including separate and private areas for the larger functions.
The food is just so scrumptious with extremely fair set prices for two or three courses and an excellent wine list.
Coffee out on the terrace if a sunny day as our Spring visit was.
I love this place and can't wait for my next luncheon!!!

Chatham, United Kingdom
“Great food...with unwanted entertainment!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hassop Hall is somewhere I have been visiting for years, as my Grandparents live in Baslow. 11 of us visited on this occasion to celebrate my Grandads 90th Birthday. As usual the food and service was fantastic.

I've never had a bad thing to say about Hassop Hall, however there was something on this occasion which annoyed me. There was another group of diners a few tables away from us, there were 2 children on the table who suddenly burst into song. It was quite cute at the beginning and received an applause from other diners who were not with the table... BUT they burst into song (the same song) on 3 other occasions. by this point it was BEYOND annoying, so annoying that I could probably recite the song now!!!!

It was very apparent that other diners were equally annoyed. I'm not sure how the staff could have handled this; maybe could have had a quite word? I felt it really lowered the overall experience we are used to.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Died and Gone to Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

What a total joy. We stayed the night and had one of the beautiful front rooms overlooking the front, ornamental garden, dreamy sweep of hills and low dip of grazing land with landscaped trees to sigh over. The occasional cow wandered here and there and pheasants rattled off stage somewhere. The weather was awful but it's England! Even the wet weather couldn't dampen our spirits and it eased off enough for us to explore the grounds - the knot garden and other delights.. The hotel itself is a dream.
In the evening we made our way to the bar and studied the menu over a glass of wine. The menu was plentiful with choice. I cannot praise the staff too highly. Their communication with my husband and I and with each other was flawless. Everything was executed so smoothy, nothing was left to chance and yet everything seems organic and natural - efficiency with warmth. And the food was exquisite. I won't go into what we had - oh if I must - rack of Derbyshire lamb falling off the bone, vegetables cooked too perfection, oh - it was just good good good. Honest food as they say. And in the morning a brilliant breakfast! (The downfall of many a good hotel we've stayed in ). So go to Hassop Hall now!. It was our first visit but it will not be our last. And a big thank you to all the marvellous. lovely staff.

Peacehaven, East Sussex
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Did not stay at the hotel but had dinner here at the end of a really nice holiday in the Peak District based in Bakewell. This was an excellent choice for a "last night" dinner, service was super very friendly yet just at the right level and the food was superb, best and tenderest lamb we have had for a long time and the other courses were very good. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2014