“Coffee and bakewell tart experience”

The Bakewell Tart Shop & Coffee House
Ranked #12 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Bakewell
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Cosy Cafe/Tea rooms, a family owned buisness famous for the Traditional Bakewell Tart. Great menu including breakfasts, lunches, cream teas, snacks and lite bites and delicious cakes.Retail shop open for freshly baked bread and confectionery.Teas, Coffees, cold drinks, freshly made sandwiches, toasties and jacket potatoes to take-away. OPEN 7 DAYS PER WEEK FROM 8.30 A.M. OUTDOOR SEATING AVAILABLE FROM MARCH TO SEPTEMBER.
North Wales
“Coffee and bakewell tart experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

When in bakewell...... ! And so we decided to have bakewell tart for lunch. Our big mistake was to order the dessert bakewell tarts rather than a cake portion.The portions were huge - large slice of an iced bakewell tart with ice cream. It was really nice but too much and I felt quite sick afterwards. Should have shared the portion! But nice little cafe serving all sorts of home made pies and tarts.

• Visited May 2014
zoe m, Owner at The Bakewell Tart Shop & Coffee House, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
thank you for your review, our portions are very generous and excellent value for money, but as you mentioned we do have smaller portions so our customers can decide which is more suitable for them.
your comments are appreciated.
thanks

Witham, United Kingdom
“Coffee and Tart”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Nice little coffee shop with very friendly staff. Almond and Apple Tart with custard were excellent. Bought a Bakewell tart to bring home. Karen's food was ok.

Visited April 2014
zoe m, Owner at The Bakewell Tart Shop & Coffee House, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for your very nice comments, giving good friendly service to all our customers is very important and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your visit .
Zoe and all the girls at The Tart Shop
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Thank you for your wonderful service and tasty food. My third visit to Bakewell and I have to sample your food on every occasion.

Visited April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely comment, look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Bakewell.
Best wishes
Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
“Excellent Bakewell tart”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our visit was a "distress purchase" for a coffee and a cake in late afternoon. We were very pleasantly surprised by the lovely Bakewell tart. Pricy but worth it!

• Visited April 2014
Thank you for your comments, hope to see you again for more of our lovely Bakewell Tarts
Many thanks Zoe
Derby, United Kingdom
“Must go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

My usual habit is to go in a pub for something to eat - but on this occasion I didn't want beer and it was mid afternoon and we were peckish and only parked for one hour. I put my prejudice behind me and went in. Good surroundings - huge choice from humble sandwiches to full meals. I opted for a hot pie with a jug of gravy. It was the best pie I have ever had! Usually I end up suffering the pastry - but this pastry was fabulous. The pie was well filled with good quality meat. I wish I had spent longer choosing - but I will have to return to try something else. Prompt service. My grandson's humble jacket potato with cheese looked like a complete meal.

• Visited April 2014
zoe m, Owner at The Bakewell Tart Shop & Coffee House, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
thank you for reviewing your recent visit to our coffee shop, your comments were really appreciated. We do have a very busy menu but you chose well, our pies are very popular. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Bakewell.