“Friday night service, absolutely spot on!”
Review of The Shalimar

The Shalimar
Ranked #2 of 130 Restaurants in Matlock
Price range: US$14 - US$34
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We made an unplanned stop at the restaurant and we where extremely pleased that we had. I've not been to this restaurant for a very long time (about 8 years) and we extremely happy to say that the service was superb. The waiters where extremely welcoming and knowledgable about the dishes. They recommended some more interesting dishes than our usual favourites and we where so happy that they did. The food was the best Indian food I'd eaten in years, all four of us felt the same and we had a variety of meat and vegetarian dishes. The puddings menu also looked good but we where so stuffed with the mains and a jug of lassi (which I would highly recommend, it was the best I've ever had) that we couldn't of eaten another bite. We felt the price was spot on for the fantastic food and excellent service, we felt the waiters went above and beyond what was expected. We won't be eating Indian anywhere else locally from now on!

1  Thank Sazzmorris
The_Shalimar_DD, Manager at The Shalimar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Wow! Thank you for all your compliments and such a fabulous review, as always we will accept all your words of praise with our professional pride. Our sincere vision and endeavour is to excel in every way in order to make your dining pleasure a memorable one. We work hard to achieve our vision to exceed your expectations. Please do come again to enjoy another fantastic evening with us all here at The Shalimar

There are newer reviews for The Shalimar

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I have been here a few times, and every experience is even better than the previous one. Firstly, as you enter, the staff are ALWAYS very welcoming and friendly, and at least 3 waiters shook my hand, before showing us to our table. The food is out of this world - we try to order something new every time and have never been disappointed! We always end up asking ourselves we haven't we been there more often. We definitely you try this little gem near Matlock! We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Anthony P

We value your custom and sincerely thank you for such a fantastic review. The Shalimar works hard to provide you with an excellent dining experience and we are thrilled that you had a memorable time with us. We will be delighted to welcome you back again to share more memorable times with us.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Totally random choice of restaurant during our stay in the area. However it was a wonderful experience. Great food and super friendly service. Would happily recommend to anyone... should they ever find themselves in or close to Matlock.

1  Thank Patrick F

The Shalimar thanks you for your lovely feedback and praise. It is our constant endeavour to succeed and delight all our guests and we are delighted that we lived up to your expectations. Hope hope you will come visit us again if you are ever in the area again

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I went there couple of weeks ago whilst on holiday from Dubai (we used to live in the Matlock area). The food and service was amazing.

2  Thank Sarah B

Thank you for your lovely feedback, We wish you good health and happiness. We will look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the area

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had not been to this restaurant for almost 8 years , when my husband and I decided to go two weeks ago , we had a wonderful meal and my husband was offered a taster of the curry he had ordered prior to just being given the full portion I case it was too spicy what a lovely gesture . This restaurant was where our boys tried they're first curry over 8 years ago ! It's still a lovely place excellent food , best in the area , I'm about to book again !!

4  Thank Sara M

Thank you for your fantastic review. We are delighted you thoroughly enjoyed the experience that The Shalimar offered. It is nice to know that you are not going to leave it another 8 years to visit us again. We look forward to your continued visits for more memorable times at the Shalimar