“Superb meal!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The meal was absolutely amazing and the staff to match! Will be coming back soon! Definitely recommend to all!

The_Shalimar_DD, Owner at The Shalimar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Wow what can I say to such a fantastic review thank you for sharing your experience with other trip advisor members. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,038)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went to the Shalimar at Sunday lunch time, we had the buffet which was £14.95 per head. We had 2 poppadoms and pickles, 2 starters and they brought us 4 curries out and Bombay potatoes, rice and Naan. I told them I was vegetarian and they made my curries from scratch. The staff were so helpful and the food was amazing. Will definetley be going back.

Fantastic comments thank you so much for taking the time to post them on Trip Advisor and share them with other trip advisor members. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the buffet on Sunday lunch it's very popular .Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to seeing you again very soon .

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I visit the Shalimar regularly and am never disappointed!

The food, staff and restaurant are all fantastic.

I had the chicken bhuna last night which was delicious.

Keep up the good work!

Great review thank you for sharing your experience with other trip advisor members and taking the time to post your excellent comments on their website. Look forward to seeing you again very soon for another memorable dining experience with us at the restaurant.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After reading reviews for the Shalimar, and receiving local recommendations, i was looking forward to out takeaway from the Shalimar.
The food was prepared and was ready on time.
Whilst the popodums and chutney were good, the CHicken Korma was very much a second rate curry, which left me very disapointed to say the least. It was bland - even by Korma standards with a very lumpy consitancy to the sauce. The chicken i found to be under cooked.
So, nice started followed by second rate curry and rice.
Not to be recommended and very much disapointing.

1  Thank 923Dan

Very disappointing review I just don't understand how one of our main dishes was not to your taste on the evening in question we sold many Korma dishes and had nothing but praise. Am so sorry that you didn't enjoy yours and only wish that you had called us so I could have sent you a replacement curry .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely food with polite and prompt service. Large portions but not the most extensive menu. Will definitely go again as they gave us a voucher as It was our first visit. It was busy and glad we booked first( sat night)

The_Shalimar_DD, Owner at The Shalimar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Have passed your praise onto the team who like myself thank you for sharing your experience with other trip advisor members. So pleased that you enjoyed your first visit with us at the restaurant and look forward to seeing you again very soon