“Ten out of ten”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

One of the best Indians I've ever been to!! It was so fresh and full of flavour. Service was fast and attentive, very friendly. The reviews are dead on, so glad we went. Wish we could go back again and again! (We visited on holiday, not locals!)

Date of visit: September 2018
The_Shalimar_DD, Owner at The Shalimar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Fabulous 5 star review thank you for sharing your experience with other trip advisor members. The team and myself look forward to seeing you again next time you visit the Peak District .

Write a ReviewReviews (2,113)

Reviewed 4 September 2018

From first entering the restaurant the staff were very attentive and friendly. Offered advice on what to choose and the meal didn’t disappoint. My mum declared it was the best curry she’s had! Only wish we lived in the area so we could visit again. Thanks for a lovely evening (and birthday cake!).

Date of visit: September 2018

We are really pleased that you chose us to celebrate your birthday and it was our pleasure to share it with you. Thank you for your outstanding comments on trip advisor it makes everything we do worthwhile when we receive praise like you have given. Please call and see us again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

i asked for a madras curry . whilst we were having our starter , and unknown to me, the maitre d prepared a taster. he said he wanted to make sure it was neither too hot or cold. the taster enabled me to select a slightly cooler madras .
the result was an excellent meal , just right , but what was impressive was the care that went into ensuring it was "right " for me.
set a lovely tone to the evening and , if i didn't live 250 ,miles away i d be a regular !
john bradney

Date of visit: September 2018

What FANTASTIC PRAISE INDEED thank you for sharing your experience with other trip advisor members. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your meal and evening with us. If you visit the area again it would be great to see you .

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The meal was absolutely amazing and the staff to match! Will be coming back soon! Definitely recommend to all!

Date of visit: September 2018
The_Shalimar_DD, Owner at The Shalimar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Wow what can I say to such a fantastic review thank you for sharing your experience with other trip advisor members. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We went to the Shalimar at Sunday lunch time, we had the buffet which was £14.95 per head. We had 2 poppadoms and pickles, 2 starters and they brought us 4 curries out and Bombay potatoes, rice and Naan. I told them I was vegetarian and they made my curries from scratch. The staff were so helpful and the food was amazing. Will definetley be going back.

Date of visit: September 2018
The_Shalimar_DD, Owner at The Shalimar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Fantastic comments thank you so much for taking the time to post them on Trip Advisor and share them with other trip advisor members. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the buffet on Sunday lunch it's very popular .Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to seeing you again very soon .