“21st birthday&25th wedding anniversary treat ”
Review of The Shalimar

The Shalimar
Ranked #3 of 152 Restaurants in Matlock
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Absolutely amazing service as usual!! Whenever me and my partner go for a curry we always come here as we love the food and the staff are so friendly and attentive so we decided for my brothers 21st birthday &parents 25th wedding anniversary we would come here to celebrate. Our table had banners and balloons on provided by the shalimar staff and when we had finished our meal they brought a birthday cake out for my brother again provided by them, they also gave him a £10 gift voucher to use when we next visit. It’s such a nice gesture and made our night even more special. Thankyou again to the amazing staff!

Date of visit: September 2018
The_Shalimar_DD, Owner at The Shalimar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for amazing 5 star review and taking the time to post it on trip advisor and sharing it with other trip advisor members. It's not often that we have 2 different events to share on the same evening and in the same party. It was a lovely occasion and it was our pleasure to celebrate them with you. So pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,113)

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Excellent food , service and staff. Nothing too much trouble . One of the staff , (sorry I cannot remember your name ) gave us some Supari from his personal supply.

Date of visit: September 2018
The_Shalimar_DD, Owner at The Shalimar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Fantastic 5 star review thank you so much for taking the time to post it on trip advisor .So pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Simply the best Indian food we’ve ever had! Staff are fantastic nothings to much trouble.. especially Ali 5⭐️

Date of visit: September 2018
The_Shalimar_DD, Owner at The Shalimar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you so much for your excellent comments and posting them on trip advisor. I have passed your praise onto the team who like myself look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Another fabulous meal, amazing service. This is by far the best Indian restaurant EVER..... Fantastic staff, nothing is too much trouble for them. They are attentive and always asking if you are ok..... It's completely faultless in every way!!!!! Can't wait for my next visit.... Keep those mini bottles of Prosecco on ice.. Fantastic place ❤❤❤❤

Date of visit: September 2018
The_Shalimar_DD, Owner at The Shalimar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

I am lost for words what a fantastic review thank you so much for taking the time to post it on trip advisor. I have passed your praise onto the team . It really makes everything we do worthwhile when we receive reviews like yours. I have told them to put the on ice and we eagerly await your next visit.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Best service yet, (efficient and warm), non-greasy food and beautifully cooked, attention to detail, pleasant atmosphere. Stopped here spontaneously as the nicely lit restaurant allured us in. Will definitely go back for more and try a different tantalising dish!

Date of visit: September 2018
The_Shalimar_DD, Owner at The Shalimar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Many thanks for the positive review and taking the time to post it on trip advisor. The team and myself are so pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon .