“Good location, comfy rooms”

Cedar House Bed & Breakfast
Cedar House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 52 Matlock B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Good location, comfy rooms”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. The B&B is conveniently located in the middle of town and has parking. The River View Room was large and comfortable for 2, very clean, and the bathroom was done to a high standard. Location is good for walking around town and going to nearby attractions (Chatsworth House, Bakewell etc). Breakfast includes a vegetarian option and a choice of what time to eat. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Me and my wife enjoyed are stay every much from start to finish. Are host was very friendly and and catered for all are needs. the room was very clean and well laid out. very comfortable. There was a very big selection of food for breakfast and it was well presesnted and tasted great..For an all round stay we would highly recommend the stay to anyone...We will go back again soon

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The host of this comfortable B&B welcomed us warmly into her home. We had the Sunny Room which lived up to expectations, was cleaned with a very comfortable bed. Breakfast is ordered the day before and everything was fresh including fruits and there is plenty of choice beautifully cooked and hot. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I was really happy with this. I chose this based on a combination of the location and the reviews; the single room was a little bit more expensive than my target but it was within range so I gave it a try. It was very nice, and worth every penny. A large, nice, quiet comfortable room with plenty of space to relax. I had also been doing quite a bit of traveling around and B&B stays when I got to Cedar House, so I really appreciated the unusually varied breakfast menu. It was just so nice to have something different. Babaloe is a great cook! (I highly recommend the eggs benedict.) Wonderful fuel for the rest of the day.

Cannot complain about a single thing. Everything was nice, clean, and comfortable. Babaloe even accommodated when I got confused and thought the place took credit cards -- in no time she'd sorted it out for me to pay via paypal so I didn't have to get cash. Wonderful host, wonderful B&B.

I was also pleasantly surprised by how nice Matlock and neighboring Matlock Bath were! I was there to use the Derbyshire record office, so didn't have specific expectations about the town. I was thoroughly impressed. Very pretty, very walkable (of course I had unusually nice weather...), and all-around a great stay.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed here for one night with friends, the place was lovely, the breakfast was gorgeous and the owner was very sweet. Would recommend to all who like a short break away and its only a short walk to matlock bath and nice river walks behind.

• Stayed June 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2013

we stayed for 1 night and we couldn,t fault anything at all, we had an amazing stay. The rooms we stayed in were clean, fresh and homely, and we had an excellent nights sleep. The breakfast was outstanding and the service we received the same, Mrs Venter is a lovely lady and we will most definately be returning.

Room Tip: the sunny room is fabulous.