“dated”

Dining options: Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating
“dated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

not a bad little cafe very dated inside but that might be how things are in Matlock we only had drinks so can't comment on food . reasonable prices gents toilet out of order

“Nice food bad service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

The food was absolutely amazing, but the tables and floors where dirty. We paid over £20 for two pancakes and drink and we was given our drink in a can, no glass. The staff sat playing on phones, the general fixtures and fittings where shabby, and the male toilet was broken and have to use female toilets.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Slow and uncooked”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

This place is horrendous. Unprofessional and unfriendly staff. Menu looked good on the board outside and the place looked fairly smart and quirky so we gave it a go. We ordered a couple of ham and cheese crepes and after waiting for 30 mins for something that should take less than 5 mins to cook we got up to leave when they finally arrived. After cutting into the crepes we got up and left. Cheese was not melted in any way and the ham was like something you might give to a dog to eat. The girl working there couldnt even muster up an apology. Thankfully the older couple sitting next to us also got up and left before they ordered.

• Visited September 2012
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Gluten free, child friendly? Not any more.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Went especially as we had read online that they did gluten free and had a children's menu. Asked for the children's menu and was abruptly told "don't do children's food", asked about GF, "don't do that anymore, something to do with the flour, I'm not sure". Apparently it now says this on their website? Not when I checked. Anyway, I can't comment on the food (hence the 3's) as we left, the brief service we had put us off anyway.

“False promises”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

My husband and I were lured in by the promise of gluten free pancakes. As a coeliac I find it incredibly difficult to find places to eat out (and don't always want the same limited selection). I was told they had run out of the flour and couldn't find it ANYWHERE. They'd have to import it from America which would increase the prices further. If I'd have known there was a gluten free flour crisis in the UK, I'd have stocked up! Very poor excuse. We didn't stay to eat any of the food owing to the fact my dining options were limited to one choice.
Disappointed that they made promises they couldn't deliver on and then offered a ludicrous excuse.

1 Thank Princess_sianie