“rediculous”

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“rediculous”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I was in Matlock bath with two of my friends, and we decided to go into the pancake shop as if looked lovely on the outside.
although being extremely overpriced, me and my friends ordered a pancake each. not only did these pancakes take a very long time to come, they also messed up my order by bringing me out the wrong pancake, so I complained and got the one I asked for.
I then went in a month later and they did the exact same thing again.
I will not be returning here any time at all.

“Long wait and over priced.”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We visited the pancake caffe on the 1st of April 2013. we went in and none of the staff even said hello. We ordered a waffle and a pot of tea for two. The tea took over 20 minutes and the pot was half full! By this time the waffle hadn't arrived so we waited another 15 minutes and I asked where it was. The person who I asked had taken our order yet she still asked another member of staff if she remembers taking our order! The waffle we ordered then came to our table brought by a person who didn't even apologise or bring any cutlery! It was cold and definitely not worth the price! I wouldn't visit again.

1 Thank AmyLeanne9
Chesterfield
“Love the banoffe pancake”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Visited last month on a Saturday. My daughter and husband had savoury pancakes (ham and cheese) which were lovely. I ordered banoffe and asked for it to be sent out 5 mins later so my daughter would eat hers first. They accommodated this it wasn't a problem and worked well.

• Visited February 2013
Bakewell, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Give it a try!!”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We also visited on Sun 3rd March, after reading the review from "dunnock7" they failed to mention just how busy the cafe was that day, we were told of the wait, and i'm a firm believer in fresh food not fast food... we probably waited 20 minutes, but it wasnt a problem, we sat and enjoyed our drinks, it was clearly visible to all in the cafe just what staff were having to deal with, card machine broken etc, we have been here a few times and have never been disappointed, staff have always been helpful, albeit sometimes worried in busy periods on behalf of any customers having to wait, but like i said if your in need of fast food, there's several chip shops selling bullet like chips down the road! i don't know any restaurant or place serving food made from scratch that has less than a 25 minute turn around, and having worked in catering, if you get it that fast, it was probably made by a "microwave technician!" Anyways i'v sort of lost my train of thought here, what i'm trying to say is we are frequent visitors, and have never had a problem with staff, food, surroundings or waiting times! Reading these is enough to put anybody off... however don't knock it until you've tried it! :-) i'll certainly be returning for my usual.... :-)

• Visited March 2013
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
“My kids favourite place! X”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We have been to the pancake cafe many times before, and we have never had a problem with slow service or rude staff! The pancakes are amazing and a good choice of sweet and savoury flavours at reasonable prices. The owner is lovely and let my kid's watch her make their pancakes, which always goes down well with them. The coffee and hot chocolate are amazing.
Don't listen to the bad reviews try it for yourself x

• Visited March 2013