“loved it”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

We went out for a carriage drive and its one of the nicest experiences i've had. The horses were fit and enthusiastic and obviously loved their job. It was awesome to feel their power from being sat in a carriage pulled by two big grey horses. I am a rider and it was amazing to get a different prospective of the power of the horse. Caroline was very knowledgeable of the area and an expert driver. Her groom was lovely to chat to as well . The museum was fascinating. I feel this attraction is more suited to down to earth country folk . i would love to go again

Visited May 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Needs a good clean”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Stayed here for 1 night due to my friends sons wedding,which was being held about 1 mile and a half away in the lavish Whitworth hall. I found the room here,after climbing up a very narrow spiral staircase, to be very dirty with dead flies on the windowsill,making me have an allergic reaction to the dust etc. I would not stay here again.

3 Thank Timothybob
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Relax and unwind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Bought this as a treat for ourselves and two friends. The weather was very cold and had been snowing in the morning, but they arranged to contact us in plenty of time if the weather was too bad. On arrival we were made very welcome, there was no rush and we we told where everything was. The carraige was prepared and lovely warm water proof blankets were provided. The two Ladies were chatty and a good laugh, and the owner was very, very knowledgable about the surrouning area. We went through a park and locals were stopping to talk to us and the driver was very polite to everyone en route. Really lovely. and very relaxing. After we were left to look round on our own and we fussed the horses, the horses were immaculate and so placid. We have decided we will return when the weather is warmer and stop at the local home made ice cream shop which we were told about. Please go with a pleasant attitude and you WILL enjoy this simple relaxing treat.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kim C
Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Christmas Carriage Ride.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Went with my family just before Christmas, and it was just amazing! Horses were decked with Christmas bells and the carriage was decorated for the occasion. The owner/driver of the carriage entered into the Christmas spirit and was dressed accordingly. Although the weather was poor, we had a really lovely time, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We will definitely be going again when the weather improves!!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Carolyn187048
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Nice carriage ride shame about the owners attitude!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

My husband bought this day off groupon for me as I love horses and carriage driving, we were shocked to see that the value of the ticket was £80 which we thought was a bit steep for a family of 4. When we arrived at approx 11am we were asked if we wanted to go on the tour that was about to leave (we weren't booked in til 12.30pm)we said no as we wanted to look round the museum first. We were made to feel like we were in the wrong for doing this as the owner wanted to take us earlier than planned, and she also made comments about me having my arm in a sling and that it would be a problem somehow! We did however enjoy the carriage ride and the horses were imacculate. All in all its nice to go on the carriage rides but I wouldn't have paid full price for it as I didn't think it was worth it!