“Old memories revisited ”
Review of The Thorn Tree

The Thorn Tree
Ranked #35 of 129 Restaurants in Matlock
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a small pub, with a strong focus on real ale. We serve lunch Tuesday to Friday (12 Noon - 1.30Pm). We have a pie night every Wednesday (6pm - 8.00Pm) and we serve roast dinners on a Sunday (5pm - 6.30Pm). However, we don't serve food on any other evenings.
“Old memories revisited ”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Used to live two minutes walk away from here, so had to see if it was still there when I visited the area after 15years. Great beer in a nice atmesphere, the best pub in matlock I think, my 1st port of call when I'm next in matlock.

Matlock, United Kingdom
“Beer More Beer”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Brilliant Timothy Taylor Landlord perfectly pulled, great service, could not ask for more!!! This is a gem!!

Visited March 2014
Oxted, United Kingdom
“The Pies... oh,my word, the Pies......”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Ticks all the boxes in a great pub. Went with a big group for the "Pie Night" last Wednesday and were given a heads up to get there in time for opening at 5pm to bag a table as it's a fairly small pub. Wise advice as there was already a small queue building at ten to five!

That said, the outdoor seating (patio heaters, etc) would have been viable with a fleece on, even at this time of year.

It's been a while since I was queing at opening time for a pub, but glad we did. This is everything that a British Pub should be. Busy...great atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Simon W
Hfry2, General Manager at The Thorn Tree, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for the review, we are glad you enjoyed Pie Night with us and we hope you will be back again soon. The patio area is ideal for Al Fresco Pie! And we also do BBQs on Sundays in the summer.

Many Thanks

Hannah Fry.
sutton coldfield
“Belavista reunion”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We are 3 couples holiday in Portugal and decided to have a get together at home. The thorn tree was selected for lunch as it was 50 miles from each of us. What a find!!! Thanks to our Chris we found this gem which suited us perfectly. We met at lunchtime and we had fantastic pies and sandwiches coupled with superb beers with a genuine traditional pub atmosphere with brilliant views despite the weather.
Many thanks to the gentleman who served us. Nothing was too much trouble. As another reviewer said get there soon before it gets swamped.
Please do not change the format. It is unique. I just wish we had something similar nearer to home.
We definitively be back.

Visited February 2014
Hi Jon,

Thanks very much for your lovely review, we are really pleased you all enjoyed your afternoon with us.
If you are thinking of another reunion we offer an extensive sandwich menu Tuesday-Friday during the week, you can contact Patrick or I on 01629 580295 to arrange to book a table if you would like. We also serve BBQs on Sundays in the summer if that would suit you too.

Many thanks again, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hannah Fry
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“what a sunday roast should be”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I joined friends who live local for a Sunday roast and I can honestly say that it was worth every penny. My roast pork was cooked to perfection and the side of crackling jut added to the flavour.my wife opted for roast beef which was equally as tasty. Both were served with beautiful selection of fresh veggies , gravy and superb yorkshire puddings. Although we were both full we could not resist sharing a reace sponge an custard. With an excellent selection of real ales the pubi we'll worth a visit. The regulars are so friendly I would be proud to cll the thorn tree my local.

• Visited January 2014