“Great day out”

Crich Tramway Village
Ranked #1 of 45 things to do in Matlock
More attraction details
Owner description: Derbyshire’s award-winning family attraction lets you enjoy unlimited tram rides in a recreated village street along the mile-long track to breathtaking views. Plus play areas, shops, tea-rooms and 30,000 square feet of indoor attractions. A relaxing day out for all ages! Please note we are closed between 2nd November 2015 and 18th March 2016.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day out”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Great day out for young and old. Something for everyone. A trip down memory lane, great tram rides, beautiful views, woodland walks, sculpture trail, play area.

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Kingston, Canada
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“It Gets Better Every Time I Visit!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My memory of Crich Tramway Museum / Village goes back to its earliest days in the early 1960's where, as a teenager, I occasionally helped out laying the first track. Each time I visit it both matures and gets better and better! The site has developed from a rough abandoned quarry into a plausible village with ammenities and scenery to match. One can quite easily spend the best part of a day at Crich learning about the rise and fall of the traditional British tramcar as well as have unlimited rides on whatever happens to be in service on the day of your visit. Crich Tramway Village also has attractions to keep the kids busy as well as places to eat, drink and be merry…. or bring your own picnic. This ranks right up there along with the best!

Visited October 2013
England
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 232 helpful votes
“A nice family day out”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We had a voucher deal and took our 4 year old one cold and wet Saturday.
She had a fab time looking around and playing on all of interactive things. It wasn't our cup of tea but we could appreciate the many trams. It was a shame that not off the cafés and shops were open but we took a picnic anyway.
Well worth a trip with little ones.

Visited October 2013
Derby, England
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Step back in time”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

If you hanker after a bygone era then this is the place for you. There are trams, trams and more trams. A time not to miss a visit is when the AGM is held as there are more trams out than usual. I take our grandchildren whenever I can. As I am a taxpayer I just gift aided, retained my ticket and we can return an unlimited number of times for the following 12 months. Really good value. Our grandchildren love the walks, the play centre and the ride on the trams and of course there is a shop, restaurant and pub - although I haven't ventured into the pub as yet. I cannot just recall where the pub came from suffice to say it is in keeping with the surrounding area. Both myself and our grandchildren just love it there even when it's raining. I would recommend anyone that is interested in the bygone age (or the not so bygone) to give this attraction a go and not miss out, especially the wonderful scenery from the trams.

Visited August 2013
Swanwick, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A really nice day”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Crich tramway is a really good day out for all the family and is good place to go for tram enthusiasts

Visited August 2013