“A great base for exploring the Derbyshire Dales”

The Stables at Homesford Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Matlock
The Stables at Homesford Cottage
Ranked #43 of 53 Matlock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My wife and I just spent 3 nights in one of the Stable rooms, when we used as a base to explore the Derbyshire Dales. Homesford is a hamlet on the A6, between the villages of Cromford and Whatstandwell. Our host Julie was very open, friendly and informative. If you have any questions about the area she can answer them. The room was large, nicely decorated and comfortable, with an en suite shower-room/toilet. The king-size bed was comfortable too. We had a large TV and free WiFi. The car park is directly across the road - please take care when crossing, the A6 is a busy road with fast-moving traffic. The breakfasts are great. Julie uses local produce whenever she can. Start with juice, fruit and/or cereal. Then enjoy a full cooked English breakfast with coffee or tea and toast. It's the sort of breakfast that fills you up till evening - you won't need a lunch! There is one disadvantage that might bother some people, but I have to say we weren't particularly conscious of it, and that's traffic noise. The double-glazed windows and heavy curtains keep the noise down and the road is quieter during the night. All in all we really enjoyed our stay. The main attractions - towns like Matlock, Bakewell and Ashbourne, the city of Derby itself, Chatsworth House, etc. - are within easy reach of the Stables.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

My wife booked a nights stay at the stables for our anniversary and what a great place this is .
The room we had is definitely one of the best rooms we've ever stayed in and our breakfast was perfect , fresh fruit/cereal/honey/yougarts ect but best of all the full english .
The owner Julie is such a great host who will make sure everything is perfect for your stay and is so friendly wish we could have stayed longer ,we will definitely be booking again and recommend this place to our friends

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

found this little gem on the internet and glad I did,me and my wife was  celebrating our wedding anniversary and i booked the stables and was greeted with a young lady wearing wet yellow gloves and a big smile"private joke"and instantly new we were in good hands.location is great just down the road from matlock bath,great b&b rooms are excellent and the on-suite shower is lush,very very clean and the breakfast was more than expected can't find any faults.Julie is a great host and has a warm and welcome nature thanks for a great time. worth every penny

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Paulandhelen1123
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Having read tripadvisors reviews on The Stables, I just had to book this charming little B & B and just wanted to meet Julie as everyone had mentioned she was the perfect host..We arrived and was greeted by Julie and yes she is as lovely as they all said. She was very welcoming.
The accommodation was very well kept and to a very high standard. Julie gave us information about what to do in the area etc. The breakfast was lovely freshly cooked with quality produce and kept us going all day ( bigger than the usual b & b).
We would definately recommend this B & B .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MANDnSTU
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed here 6/6/13, and were very impressed, the room was very clean and decorated to a very high standard. Julie was friendly and knowledgeable about the area, and places to eat. We needn't have worried about traffic noise, we both slept soundly, in the extremely comfortable bed, with the windows open. Breakfast was fantastic, we didn't eat again till evening, most unusual for my husband! The range of drinks and biscuits in the room was a delight. The only downside was the fact there is nowhere to eat close by, but that was a small price to pay.
And for once I could sit in front of the mirror, with plenty of light, and power sockets close by to do my make-up and hair, just like I do at home. It just makes for a nice relaxed start to the day. Brilliant!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pamdrive
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed here on my own for two nights at a very reasonable rate no premium charge for single occupancy. The room was very large and decorated to a high standard spotlessly clean and the bed was comfortable. Everything you might need was provided including a selection of drinks and home made biscuits.I cannot find anything negative at all about my stay at the Stables. The room is close to the A6 which did worry me at first but I did not notice any noise and slept soundly . The location is great for exploring the Matlock area, plenty to see and do on the doorstep. Breakfast was lovely everything cooked to order just how I like, plenty of extras fruit yoghurt croissant etc. But the best thing about this B and B is the host. Julie was really friendly she made me feel welcome ,even providing a home drawn map with directions to Chatsworth. I would love to stay here again and I highly recomend The stables.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I spent 3 lovely nights here over the May bank holiday weekend. Julie was great, really friendly and chatty and eager to recommend places to visit and eat in, all of which were excellent recommendations. Breakfast was amazing, and the room was very comfortable (with lots of plug sockets :-) ). I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo