“atmosphere, food, surroundings..spot on!”

The Boat Inn Restautant
Ranked #24 of 126 Restaurants in Matlock
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“atmosphere, food, surroundings..spot on!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

being a walker with a dog in tow this pub is fantastic!
open fires - good food -friendly people & clear signs stating dogs are allowed!
Good range of vegetarian food too!
All in all a real faourite of mine

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank matilda m

Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great hospitality”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Dined at The Boat on Friday 28th March. There were 20 of us so we warned The Boat in advance. We could not fault the welcome or the service we received. Good food, well presented and served promptly and efficiently. Staff very friendly. Overall an excellent evening. We'll be back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank GeoffMWB
Sutton Coldfield
“Enter this pub with an empty stomach!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I were staying at a B & B a few miles from Cromford and while out walking we were searching for somewhere to eat in the evening - and we chose the Boat Inn - with no regrets. It was as well we had healthy appetites as the food from an extensive menu was of generous proportions, to say the least. The atmosphere at this most traditional of pubs was really welcoming with the pleasing addition of real ales with which to wash down the quality food. It was good to see a most pleasant and friendly establishment so well patronised.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank CandCSuttonColdfield
grimsby, england
“full up!!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

we recently spent 3 days staying in a cottage in cromford with my son, and was more than pleased with my visit to the boat inn cromford in Derbyshire. we went on the steak night, my partner and I went for the steak, while my son had the mixed grill, what a plateful? we all ended up leaving some, we were stuffed! no complaints. good cosy pub I would recommend.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank souperdave52
jakarta
“everything a pub should be”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I recently spent a week in a holiday cottage, in Cromford, Derbyshire. During which, unfortunately, the weather was, generally, appalling. Fortunately, the local pub, The Boat Inn, which was approximately 2 minutes walk away, was wonderful.
From the first moment I entered the pub, I was made to feel welcome. Not only were the staff very friendly, so were the locals, who were only too willing to strike up a conversation.
After a couple of days, I began to feel like one of the locals, myself, and was even invited to join one of the teams on Quiz Night. At the end of the week, I was sad to leave, as I felt that I had made several new friends, who were all great characters.
In addition to warm hospitality, the food was very good, the portions were extremely generous and the prices very reasonable.
As the weather was particularly wet, during my stay, I was inclined to spend more time in the pub than is usual. So, in this case, I was thankful for the English weather.
In short, if you want a great traditional English pub, full of great characters, frfriendly staff and serves wonderful pub food and great beer, this surely has to rank as one of the best.

• Visited February 2014