“Nice Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Used a Groupon voucher which was very good value, for a starter main side dish and drink.
The service was a bit slow because the waiter was busy, everyone though was polite.
The food was good.,the vegetables crisp, meat tender and sauces tasty The portions were generous.Additional drinks were a bit overpriced.
All in all worth a visit to try this style of "Indian" cooking.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Well I come in with my fellow siblings along my parents, we was driving down dale road and stopped and strolled into the raj balti, at first we sat down had to wait 15mins for the waitter to notice we was in the building, we sat down and ordered, my cheese nan bread had a piece of hair in it, I rapidly responded and told the staff and I was outraged for the staff to say it was my own! I say this is the worst restruant in matlock shut be closed down, the owner is very cruel to his staff over heard he had said to his waitter " you are getting a fiver a day that's it" something should be alerted immidietly

2  Thank PeterDaviss
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My wife and I have visited pretty much every restaurant in the local area but as my wife is Indian we tend to pay particular attention to the Asian restaurants.
Firstly I must say that none of the four main Indian restaurants in the matlock area are bad; the prices are all slightly higher than one might pay in a more heavily Asian-populated area such as Birmingham or Leicester, but the food is of a pretty good standard in all of them.
However, the food is where the Raj Balti reigns supreme in my opinion. Being from Birmingham myself, and having lived in Leicester for some years I can honestly say that the food at the Raj Balti is by far the most outstanding Asian food I have ever tasted (apart from that cooked by my mother-in-law I am obliged to say). In addition, the staff are welcoming and friendly and the place has a pleasant atmosphere. Most of the meals on offer can also be cooked yo your liking regarding how spicy you prefer.
I have visited the Raj Balti on numerous occasions and plan to continue to do so in the future.
If you are in the area and are lucky enough to visit I can particularly recommend the Lamb Tikka Balti which is exceptional!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Very nice decor, food good and not too expensive. Staff very friendly and helpful, not rushed to finish and leave

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is now officially my favourite Indian, we have been twice and both times have had a great meal in a lovely location.

Usually while eating Indian food it has been known for me to sweat buckets and develop uncontrollable hiccups, mainly because the meals have been prepared too hot and spicy, masking the bland taste.

Not here, the meals are absolutely delicious, the only problem I have is that I am unable to eat the large quantities that are served, we even bypassed the poppadum and pickles in the hope that it would leave more room, it just about worked.

The guys running the place are very friendly and talkative, the only drawback is the restaurant is in Matlock and we're in Derby, I suppose I could ask the guys to drop one in on their way home.

We look forward to our next visit.