“AMAZING”
Review of Barn Farm Camping

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Matlock
Barn Farm Camping
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I had a great time words can't explain I wnt here with my big cousin there's a arcade and they have grat showers there rooms where great seems as I went with a group of people when I was about 10 it's amazing you can hear the cows in the morning there's sky in the rooms and I usually find it better if you go out too and the shop there is great it has all sorts of games and things there's a field ne'er by where we played hide and seek me and my cuz had the best hissing space even better we played it at night and we had a real blast I wish I could go there again and do it all over again also if you go there visit the duke and duchess of derbisher they have the greatest ever play area there

Room Tip: Where I stayed was Devine it has 5 bunk beds in 1 room it's great
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Barn Farm Camping

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was a last minute booking for the May bank holiday and i have to say that i was really impressed. On arrival i noticed that the site was immaculate, fields very well maintained, toilet block very clean and staff very polite and helpful. There was a shop for essentials, games room to hang out, modern nice park, plenty of toilet blocks and wash areas. The fridge and freezer was free to use (most charge). We really liked the separate shower block for adults, proper showers. Yes there were peacocks and they could be heard but if you're camping in the great outdoors then what do you expect. We were in the main big field and it was fine, may i suggest ear plugs for the light sleepers. Brilliant to have security staff floating about in the evening. You can't blame a campsite for other campers, we heard the music as well but reasoned that everyone wanted some fun.

Room Tip: Main field as it's flat and you are further away from the peacocks.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We visited the campsite over the weekend, its a bank holiday so you must expect sites to be busy. At barn farm it seems they don't say no and keep ramming people in until the field resembles a festival.
If you thought they had 50 pitches think again, there are no designated pitches and its everyone for themselves.
The good points are: the site is pretty, well maintained (nice grass), clean and located nicely in the peak district. The staff are friendly and there is an evening security. There is a basic shop, clean facilities that never got too busy and a trailer that serves fish/chips at night and hot breakfast in the morning.
I guess for me (and I'm sure this won't be the same for everyone) I learnt a bit more about what doesn't work for me.
I like my own space, I don't want to hear every word other campers talk about at night or be woken by their young children at 2.30am. I don't want other peoples kids bouncing footballs off my car or tent at 9.30pm waking my 3yr old up.
I guess I must be getting old and grumpy and my gripes are more to do with other campers than the campsite. On less busy occasions it may be different. But for me, I would rather pay more and have a pitch allocated, with space to run around.

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Cubb
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

We have just camped at Barn Farm for the Bank Holiday weekend. There is loads of space (although it's a bit chaotic - they just let you pitch anywhere, so if you arrive first you're in danger of getting your car blocked in!) and the toilets and showers are immaculate. The staff are on hand all of the time, and are very helpful. There's lots of nice walks to do from the campsite, and Bakewell, Chatsworth, Matlock and Buxton are very easily accessible by car. There are two pubs in the village (get there early if you want to eat!) if you don't fancy sitting out all evening.

The only thing that irritated us was the peacocks... Very pretty, but very noisy from a very early hour... They get up a long time before the kids even! A few people were antisocial with their music in the early hours on returning from the pub, but security got to them eventually!

We would definitely stay here again - at £7.50/adult/night it's great value.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JennieE7
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed in one of the bunk houses, clean on arrival, kitchen had all that we needed. Toilets and showers were clean, plenty of hot water.
It is also an ideal base for touring the area not too far from towns but far enough to appreciate being in the country.
Will use again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matlock
New Bath Hotel and Spa
Lime Tree Holiday Park
Lime Tree Holiday Park
#6 of 20 in Buxton
Longnor Wood Holiday Park

Been to Barn Farm Camping? Share your experiences!