“Amazing day”

Matlock Farm Park
Ranked #7 of 51 things to do in Matlock
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Matlock Farm Park is a family friendly open farm, providing a great day out with varied activities for all the family. The park has a large selection of animals to see including llamas, goats, peacocks, meerkats, chickens, pigs, alpacas, ducks and deer to name a few. There are specially designed playgrounds and even a go-kart track for the kids and many places for the adults to relax if they wish.Group party bookings and children's birthday parties are also catered for, please ring for details.There is a licensed cafe serving hot food, a classroom and a gift shop. Horse Riding Lessons and Pony Trekking are also available with prior booking.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Visited Matlock Farm lat week , taking our three grand children. What an amazing day we had!!! The kids were off, excited to see the animals in a safe environment.! Actually went round twice!!! had a lovely lunch in the cafe, lovely food. Great service by all. We will be back soon. Thank you for a lovely day. .

4  Thank carole s

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I took my son to Matlock Farm Park the other day, this was our second visit in as many months. I was so pleased the first time we had to come back!! Then when i found out they were on here, I thought i would put a review on here too!! My son is 2 and a half and his face just lights up! Its amazing because you can buy a bag of mixed animal feed at the entrance and he can feed all the animals which to a child of his age is just the most wonderful thing, and to any parent, well worth the money to see. I found it educational for him also because there was no pressure to 'keep moving' like bigger zoological parks. You can take your time with all the animals, we went round three times!! All the animals were well looked after and the staff were polite. One member even came and spoke to us and told us all about the chickens. There is a fantastic play area and the kiddies electric cars....we had one each!! Then i got to put him on a 50p tractor ride whilst i sat and had a coffee in the cafe. What more could any parent want?! Spending time with my son is the highlight of my life. and to stumble across a 'little gem' of a place such as this, it just makes every moment with him 'perfect'. Thanks guys, keep up the good work!! We will be back!!

2  Thank Scarborough C
Reviewed 4 November 2013

me, my husband and our 2 daughters came here monday 4th nov. iv been to lots of farms and days out with the kids over the years and i must say matlock farm park was the worsed! i looked it up on the internet, and there website was really nice and looked like it would be a nice day out! i was wrong! alot of the animals are cramped in very small cages and alot of them look miserable, there is nothing really to do and is really run down. i feel bad putting a bad review as the man at the entrance was lovely, polite and helpful and the staff seem to be working hard. it took 1 hour to get round, play on the park and go on a couple of 50p rides. not really a day out. it normally cost £22 for a family of 4 but thankfully we found a deal with amazon local so we paid £9, but honustly still wasnt worth that. its a big place and could be made into a lovely place but as it stands at the moment i definatly wouldnt return or recommend to anyone.

4  Thank DerbyshireSarah
Reviewed 2 November 2013

nice one way road to upper Matlock
I mean Matlock is mountain and green wide fields
lovely place
you will like driving on this road
you will see animals there
specially we see horse in White Hall in London
but there you can see in the fields
and not only Horses other animals such as cows, goats, & sheeps.
it remind me my Country

2  Thank al3xand3rth3g8
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We had a brilliant day out at matlock farm park in half term. I went with my three children who enjoyed all the animals. It was nice to be able to walk around and enjoy the park and watch my children feed the pot belly pig the chickens and the goats. . My daughter really enjoyed handling the small animals especially the rabbits in the barn. I was really impressed with the staff for helping my children handle the animals as one of them was really scared, but a lovely young man who had disabilities made my son feel very confident in handling them. After the barn we went to the cafe the service was brilliant even though it was packed.The food was excellent and there was even a young girl helping out in the kids room where they have had crafts like colouring and making masks. The souvenir shop is not too expensive. Thumbs up. We are DEFIANTLY going again.(all my kids fell asleep in the car on the way home )

3  Thank Eve G