“Bit tatty but good range of animals.”
Review of Matlock Farm Park

Matlock Farm Park
Ranked #14 of 62 things to do in Matlock
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Matlock Farm Park is a family friendly open farm, providing a great day out with varied activities for all the family. The park has a large selection of animals to see including llamas, goats, peacocks, meerkats, chickens, pigs, alpacas, ducks and deer to name a few. There are specially designed playgrounds and even a go-kart track for the kids and many places for the adults to relax if they wish.Group party bookings and children's birthday parties are also catered for, please ring for details.There is a licensed cafe serving hot food, a classroom and a gift shop. Horse Riding Lessons and Pony Trekking are also available with prior booking.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This place seems a bit run down but despite that it is a fun couple of hours out. There are lots of animals all in small paddocks and you can buy feed for them. Feeding the goats and donkeys was great fun and my little one loved it. The paths are earth, so wear boots and think about pushchairs. It's also on top of a hill so wrap up, it's colder here. There are some nice climbing frames and my daughter loved the racing cars, which are coin operated, so takes some £1 coins. The cafe is brilliant, lots of delicious home cooked food and cakes. They have other dirty ride on machines and the trampoline was filthy, the filthy bouncy castle was not inflated but we wouldn't have used it anyway, disgustingly dirty. You will only spend 1-2 hours here I think. They do a toddler deal on Thursdays, which is good value, check the website. There was no petting area which disappointed my daughter. Altogether better value than Chatsworth though.

2  Thank Gymbunnymum
in 11 reviews
"climbing frame"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went on a voucher deal we had bought and found the deal was very good value.

The park is quite easy to find with the website directions and there is ample parking available.

We went on quite a cool day and with the farm park being on the top of a hill, it can get even cooler.

There is a good number of animals to look and and feed but the highlight for my little one was the different play areas, which kept her amused for some considerable time!!

The cafe was very nice and extremely efficient. Food was tasty and of a decent value considering the location. The only problem was it wasn't big enough so people were stood waiting for a table, very close to the tables themselves which made us feel like we should rush our food to let others have our table.

4  Thank ljb80
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We spent the whole day there yesterday and I have to say that we loved it and cannot wait to visit again. Fantastic value for the money, nice food, plenty of well cared for animals and welcoming staff. This is a little gem that does exactlay what it says on the tin! It is aimed at the young and old alike and ensures that families have a good time in the more traditional farm park surroundings. No fancy fast rides here, you don't need them at all. Andrea, ian and family.

2  Thank ian s
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Hubby and I visited a couple of days ago with our 7 year old, 4 year old and my mum and we thought it was really lovely. Nice setting. They had an offer on allowing a child in for free with each adult, then my mum was told that because she is a concession and it's Friday, she could have a free meal in the cafe - fab! Kids loved feeding all the animals, especially having a go at bottle feeding some orphan lambs. Enjoyed petting the bunnies too and the young man was really patient with my rather keen 4 year old. Food good in the cafe - great fresh soup and hot baguettes and decently priced. The kids enjoyed the play equipment and we'll no doubt be returning soon

1  Thank jackhTyneside
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We visited the farm today as we had a Groupon voucher. We stayed all of about 15 min. The place was tired, dated and as for the reviews which say 'lots of animals' I would have to disagree. The outdoor play area was run down and the extra attractions such as the rides were all £1 each. I understand its a working farm but they could make so much more of the land they have. We regularly visit farms and this is worse than the 'free' farm which we visit. I am so grateful we had a voucher as i would have been even more dissapointed if we had had to pay full price. The only plus side were the friendly staff. Would definately not visit again. White Post Farm or Happy Hens is a thousand times better.

2  Thank rachael b