“Outon the Farm!”

Matlock Farm Park
Ranked #7 of 51 things to do in Matlock
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Matlock Farm Park is a family friendly open farm, providing a great day out with varied activities for all the family. The park has a large selection of animals to see including llamas, goats, peacocks, meerkats, chickens, pigs, alpacas, ducks and deer to name a few. There are specially designed playgrounds and even a go-kart track for the kids and many places for the adults to relax if they wish.Group party bookings and children's birthday parties are also catered for, please ring for details.There is a licensed cafe serving hot food, a classroom and a gift shop. Horse Riding Lessons and Pony Trekking are also available with prior booking.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 August 2009

I took my children to Matlock Farm Park this week and I have to say what a hidden gem of a place it is. Its not your big tourist attraction, its more family run. I spoke to the manager there and you can tell he loves his job and he looks after all the animals so well. My children are 7yrs and 5yrs old which I would say is perfect. Any children under 12yrs will really enjoy this farm. I recommend it!

11  Thank Andrea1230

Reviewed 1 October 2008

Great, nice little well run attraction. Good for young kids.

8  Thank billibongSheffield
Reviewed 23 July 2006

Take the kids to Matlock Farm Park. It's not expensive & there are many animals to see. It's a beautiful place. There is a little tea room where we sat outside and watched the kids play, it was very relaxing!

13  Thank fabybaby
A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed 30 March 2006

It's hard to find a place these days that all the family can enjoy, but at Matlock Farm Park you are really made to feel welcome!
The kids simply loved it. Playing on the go-carts while me and the wife went horse riding. It's was nice that we could take that small break on the horses knowing the kids where having fun. The farm itself is full of animals that the kids could pet and in some cases hold.
I would highly recommend this place for a fun filled family day out! Take a picnic or eat at their tearooms.

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Barnsley
Reviewed 7 March 2006

We took the kids to Matlock Farm Park and had a fabulous time in the fresh air. The kids absolutely loved it! We fed the animals, our favourites were the Alpacha's. The kids played on the go-karts, whilst the adults enjoyed a refreshing cup of tea and slice of cake from the tearoom. It was lovely to sit in the picnic area. You can go horse riding too.It certainly is a beautiful location and very peaceful. It's nice to go to an attraction without the usual hustle and bustle.

20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member