“Good pub grub in tradtional cornish locals pub”
Review of Rod & Line Pub

Rod & Line Pub
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Saltash
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Friendly staff and great food, good value for money and a lot of sea food on offer. Do not be put off by the outside appearance or the décor inside ( which actually provided a good topic of conversation with our teenagers who have never experienced pubs pre corporate sofa design!)as this was a great relaxed friendly place to go. Parking directly opposite with a childrens playground if needed.

4  Thank E H

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We met family here, as it was recommended by Sawdays. The decor was rather scruffy, but some of my favourite pubs are similar, so that did not bother me. However, the menu was very limited, and it was not clear what was meant to be starters and what main courses. The scallops were disappointing (served with no salad, just half a dozen scallops and bread -perhaps it was a starter), but the fish and chips and steak were good. We waited a very long time to be served, and the gents' toilets were dire. We would not go back.

3  Thank chapyBristol
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Meeting friends whom i hadn't seen in over 24 years, I was struggling to find somewhere to meet them that was equidistant for them in Wembury and us in Truro. We drive through Tideford on our way to Plymouth for the ferry and I thought about the Rod and Line. I read the reviews and decided to give it a go. What a stroke of genius! Luckily I had booked because the place was packed. The crab claws were "to die for" and so easy to eat because all the messy business with the shell had been done for us! My husband had the crab and avocado salad which he loved. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to drive the 45 minutes again, just to sample the food and atmosphere.

6  Thank Jenny C
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Drove a long way to meet some friends here but it was well worth the drive. It's a charming pub with excellent food. The crab/ avocado salad was divine & the crab claws were delicious! Friendly & excellent service!

5  Thank Claire C
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

What a great local pub this is for us. Today we had fresh lobster - so fresh I chose it myself whilst still alive (the lobster, not me!). We had lunch here with the family for my husband's birthday and had delicious food, as always! If you are wanting a weatherspoons or any other bland pub chain then you won't like this place. The (great) menu is written on a chalk board above the granite fireplace - kids can have half adult portion sizes (sorry no chicken nuggets here!). We love this place because of the rustic charm of the wooden tables and candles, and when cooler, the roaring fire. The food is absolutely delicious and always beautifully presented. You need to book a table in advance, as it always seems fully booked. Seafood is a speciality - the scallops are heavenly!

7  Thank LJF76