“Wonderful meal”

Heskyn Mill Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Saltash
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: On the fringe of the village of Tideford near Saltash in South East Cornwall. In a lovely setting, yet only 100 mtrs from the A38. Set within a restored grade 11* listed corn mill, with many of the original workings still in place. Dine in an historic and atmospheric setting. Award winning local produce.
Reviewed 19 July 2021

Dinner at Heskyn Mill completed a wonderful holiday. The owner was chatty and entertaining and the food was fantastic. The mackerel smoked on the premises was delicious! The restaurant was recommended to us and we were lucky to book a table as places were restricted due to Covid. The restaurant is in an old mill and still has some of the machinery in place. We loved that the decor was simple and traditional. Would definitely recommend this place.

Date of visit: July 2021

Reviewed 16 July 2021 via mobile

What a find!!

Family birthdays and Christmas’s all rolled into one. 6 of us on a Tuesday evening, the service was excellent and the food even better. My son who is a head chef was very impressed, we’ll be back soon!

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 2 July 2021

My husband and I had a meal here to end our holiday. Absolutely fantastic. Beautiful starters of scallops for himself and I had lobster and crab. Mains of venison for himself, pork loin in tarragon sauce for me... The hassleback potatoes were divine. Desserts of crumble with clotted cream for himself and lemon posset for me.... If only I had been hungry enough for seconds. Lovely bottle of malbec too. Well done chef, the word divine does not do it justice. Roll on next year.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 29 June 2021

We visited this restaurant last tuesday and liked it so much we rebooted for the Friday.
Food was some of the best we have ever tasted, scallops for starters was definetly the best we have had, my husband had the venison and I had the lemon sole, again both cooked so well and would definetly recommend. I would certainly return when I visit Cornwall again.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 16 June 2021 via mobile

Restaurant was recommended by our Air BNB host, food was unbelievable and the restaurant itself is a fantastic venue. I believe the owners name was John (apologies if I’m wrong) but he came out and spoke to us which was a nice touch seeing him speaking to all the customers. I had the Pork for main and my partner had the Venison both were really good. Had the blackberry and apple crumble for dessert and although custard wasn’t on the menu they managed to find some for me! (Best crumble Iv ever had!) Overall couldn’t fault a thing. Maybe a little background music as it can be deadly silent at times due to everyone busy enjoying the food! Also the 1 draught lager (Offshore) they have is really good!

Date of visit: May 2021