“Amazing. Will be going back”
Review of Bullers Arms

Bullers Arms
Ranked #17 of 44 Restaurants in Saltash
Price range: US$11 - US$17
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bullers Arms is a 16th century traditional Cornish village pub. We have an L shape bar with jukebox, pool table and darts board. Open fire in the spacious lounge and dining room. We offer a warm welcome and quality fresh food. Booking is strongly advisable. We can also cater for all types of functions. Children and dog friendly.
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Me and my partner had a rare date night on Friday 21st. The mushroom lite bite was amazing and Both our steaks were cooked perfectly. The staff we're friendly and extremely helpful, the regulars were friendly too. This being my first visit I surely will be going back and looking forward to it already. Nothing to fault here at all. Would recommend it to everyone

1  Thank Charlotte P

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Today we went for my dad's birthday there were 9 of us and all food was beautifully cooked, couldn't have asked for better we will be back soon :-)

1  Thank missy19840james
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We walked here from caravan site up the road,gosh the menu was very inspiring,we all enjoyed our meal,down to earth very friendly pub,and dogs welcome.We wish new owners all the best and will visit again next time we are in the area.Great well done

Reviewed 20 January 2014

please do not take any notice of the bad reviews. since john and claire took over we now have a great pub back with excellent food and a great friendly atmosphere . we hardly went to the pub before, but now go up regularly for food and drink. nothing is too much trouble, i dont eat veg so im always given extra spuds and a yorkshire instead. we highly recommend a visit to our local.
dave and nikki

Brian K, Public Relations Manager at Bullers Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Dave and Nikki,

So pleased to see your wonderful review of our little pub, and thank you for spreading the word about how it has been turned around by John and Claire. With the refurbishment well underway, and John cooking up new menu items all the time, we hope you'll continue to enjoy your experience in the Buller's Arms, and we'll see you both soon!

Brian.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I think it's unfortunate when some people use sites such as these to launch personal attacks.

Personally, I have only had great experiences in this pub.

I live over 150 miles from the Bullers Arms and was planning a New Year in Cornwall with a family member. I knew we would be spending the New Year's Eve celebrations in my cousin's local pub, and I was happy to do this - not expecting too much, but looking forward to a change of scenery.

New Year's Eve Eve I was lucky enough to be invited to a birthday meal at The Bullers Arms. Over 20 people for a sit down meal, whilst the pub remained open to other guests. A large majority of us ordered steak and everyone's was exactly as they'd asked it to be cooked, and was delicious - all served at the same time! (a party that big, the owners would have been forgiven for delays in getting the food out). When I accidentally knocked a drink over someone's plate whilst talking with my hands, the owner came rushing over, insisting she would replace it, and refusing to take any money from me for doing so!

New Year's Eve the pub put on a party with a DJ - probably one of the best New Year's I have had - with the pub full, ranging from young to old, all enjoying the friendly, welcoming, fun atmosphere that the owners had created.

New Year's Day - with the holiday season coming to an end, but no one wanting to give up on the last day off from work, the pub opened its doors - offering a relaxed wind down to the festivities. With the owners taking a seat and chatting to the customers, making sure they all enjoyed themselves the previous nights.

I have to say, The Bullers Arms is one of the most welcoming pubs I have been in, in a long time. In addition the food is excellent and amazing value for money. But more importantly, the owners are lovely, and i would feel 100% comfortable going in there on my own as I know they would make me feel welcome.

1  Thank AmeliaJ1980