I stayed here with my partner last weekend and m very conflicted about how I feel about it!
Nicklaus golf course - Amazing/Beautiful (but I'm ignoring that as I'm reviewing this as a hotel/restaurant);
Golf Shop & Pro's - great!
Spa - fabulous;
Views - over golf course and beyond if on that side of the hotel lovely;
Bathroom/en-suite (in one of the suites) - amazing!
Bedrooms - done out like a Travel Lodge.
Bed - so hard I sat down heavily and almost bounced right up again! Almost no sleep :(
Bar area - looks fine but I hate chlorine/bleach and smell from pool next door overwhelming for me (had to breath through my mouth the WHOLE time in there for breakfast etc) so no way would I voluntarily sit there for a drink without feeling ill. If you like chlorine/pool smells then no problem.
Restaurant (An Boesti) - disappointed. Not much choice (3 things) and fairly basic. Also, although it looks nice there seemed to be not much/any atmosphere so no romantic at all.
Breakfast - feel a bit guilty for saying this as the staff were so lovely BUT my porridge had huge hard powdery lumps in it, and the juice was off. They changed it straight away and my partner's cooked brekkie was nice.
So, would I go there again? Yes. To play golf and stay one night - no more. I would not eat in the restaurant or have breakfast which would save money and I'd definitely have a suite, I hate to think how basic the normal rooms would be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Unparalleled Rest & Relaxation at St Mellion International Resort Discover a world of cosmopolitan pleasures within the grounds of St Mellion. Set in 450 acres of breath-taking Cornish countryside, the resort offers an exceptional blend of four-star accommodation, inspired dining and outstanding business and event facilities. Located in Saltash, just 10 miles from Plymouth, St Mellion offers a well-deserved escape to the countryside right on your doorstep. Steeped in elegance; a place where miles of open green valleys wait at every turn. The resort is best known for the Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, the first European course personally designed by Jack Nicklaus, which draws accomplished and casual golfers from around the world looking to improve their game. With the addition of luxurious bedrooms, casual and fine-dining restaurant options, swimming pools, fitness, tennis and spa facilities, it's what makes St Mellion an all-encompassing leisure hub and resort of choice. Adding a friendly welcome to the exquisite setting of St Mellion, our team have created a luxury experience that anticipates the needs of our valued guests, offering you and your family endless possibilities for recreation and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your St Mellion International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Mellion International Hotel Saltash
- St Mellion International Resort Saltash, Cornwall