1,195 results
All reviewsgolf coursest mellionsuperior roomelemis toiletriesgolf resortbalcony overlookinggolf breakpro shopgreat golfcar parkleisure facilitiesin excellent conditiongreat weekendwedding receptionbiscuitsnicklauscourses
Reviewed 24 April 2010

After reading the recent reviews we were a bit hesitant but decided we would give it a try, even though we are not golfers. Arriving about an hour before the check-in time we decided to try a lunchtime snack in the brasserie but arriving back at reception were told that the room was not ready. After much apologising we were offered free refreshments which compensated for the 20 minute delay. We paid for a superior room and were delighted with it, the view was to "die for". Room was spacious and spotlessly clean. We immediately asked for balcony furniture which was delivered within 10 minutes. The first night we "upgraded" to the al la carte restaurant which cost an extra £46 but well worth it, food and service wonderful. Food in the Brasserie very good on the following two nights and service excellent. The staff go out of their way to be friendly and give good service. Spa, pool etc very, very good. Only downside was that on the last night, the Brasserie had a big party of 56 and there were just not enough staff to cope with this and the usual numbers. Sam, the Restaurant Manager was really trying hard and we were quite content to wait but there were many complaints from adjoining tables about the length of time they had to wait and a couple of people walked out. The food was also not up to the standard in parts of other nights. The fish on the menu was replaced with Dover Sole but I have never been served half or even a third of a fillet before. Obviously a case of not enough to go around!! On the whole though, a great place and would we go again, the answer is "try and stop us".

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
StMellionManager, Business Development Executive at St Mellion International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2010

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your review of St Mellion; I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in April. After a two year, £20 Million re-development, it is lovely to hear positive feedback about the rooms, the view and the facilities. It is especially good to hear about the service you recieved from our staff - I will make sure to pass on your comments to all involved.

Please accept my apologise for your experience in the Brasserie on your last night. It is unfortunate that the service you received was slower than it should have been after such a good meal the previous night. Thank you for your patience on the night and please be assured that we have now looked into, and solved this problem. We have reviewed our rota system to ensure that we have adequate staff in the Brasserie at all times. I'm sure that next time you stay with us, you will be very happy with the changes we have made.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With Kindest Regards,

Lisa Brammer

Reviewed 5 March 2010

I don't know what these other reviewers are talking about?! Why spend all that time writing about minor bits and bobs and then say - "but I would definitely go back and highly recommend it???!"
I had nothing but exceptional service, great food and a very comfortable stay. As a lone female traveller, it can be intimidating to visit the restaurant/ facilities on your own in the evenings but the atmosphere was fantastic and the staff, very kind and welcoming.

I visit Plymouth regularly for work purposes and will now always take the extra 10 miles to travel to st mellion instead of the dingy city hotels.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
StMellionManager, Business Development Executive at St Mellion International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2010

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay. I will pass these comments on to the Brasserie staff who I am sure will be delighted!

We look forward to welcoming you back to St Mellion very soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2010

We stayed here for a friends wedding, and it was nothing but OK.

Everything is expensive at St. Mellion and you hope that you'll have a nice stay, with fine food and nice staff. unfortunatly, we were disapointed on all counts.
The hotel is clean and has what you need, but has no character or charm at all. I know they have gone for a modern take, but even with a course view & balcony room, it just felt clinical.

The staff are ok, but you have go up to them and talk to them rather then hoping they'll come to you.

The round of golf was good though, and the pool/gym is nice too.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rosita04
StMellionManager, Business Development Executive at St Mellion International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2010

Dear rosita04,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay in February 2010.
I am sorry to hear of your comments regarding our new hotel as this is certainly not the usual feedback we recieve from guests. When we looked to re-develop the resort, we took time and made sure to ask many visitors to the resort and the area, what they would like to see in the new hotel. The general feedback was that a modern hotel was sought after with balconies over-looking the golf course. Most guests are extremely happy with the finished product but I do take on your comments and will discuss this with the rest of the team here at St Mellion.
With regards to your comments regarding our staff, I am disappointed you did not recieve the level of service you would expect. This is again, something we regularly recieve very positive comments about but I will be following this up as a section in our internal customer service training courses.

I'm glad you enjoyed your game of golf and our leisure facilities and do hope you will return to St Mellion in the not so distant future where we can show you the improvements we have made.

Reviewed 5 January 2010

• Wifi. I have an O2 iPhone and would get “the Cloud” page but I received an error when I entered my mobile number. I retried it several times and showed it to a young man at the front desk.
• Hot water in our room. It was at best lukewarm on both days.
• SPA completely booked on Friday.
• Dining room dinner reservation. We booked it in the morning with a young lady at the front desk. It didn’t make it to the hostesses podium list at 6pm. We were seated however. The couple in line behind us did not have a reservation and were told to come back at 830. The young lady at the front desk re-verified our booking on Saturday.
• Bruschetta. We ordered this starter and asked the waitress if she could bring that first as we were hungry. It arrived 30 minutes later.
• Chicken Caesar. I wanted a Caesar salad but not with the chicken. It came with our bruschetta. I questioned why the charge was still £6.95 and was told it could not be changed.
• Dinner bill. Apparently the waitress did not review the bill prior to presenting it. It was for £135 and included all of our charges plus a table of six. She was able to sort this out.
• Toaster. The toaster ejects the toast on to the floor. I cannot understand why this has not been identified and resolved?
• Warming table. The lids on each food item are not conducive to a queue of people trying to serve their breakfast choices. You have your plate in one hand, the tongs in the other hand, and you have to remove the lid and place it on top of another lid, and so on. Try it with 5 people and you will understand.
Even after all this I really liked the hotel and WOULD recommend it. The housekeeping
very well done. Just these few things need to be sorted out and it would be an excellent
retreat. We will be back !!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Guinness55

Dear Guinness55,

Thank you very much indeed for your review. The comments you have fed-back are excellent in order for us to continue to improve our guest's experience at St Mellion International Resort.
The free wi-fi we provide to all guests does usually have excellent service throughout the resort but of course, with these things, there may be a technical hitch now and again. I would hope that when you discussed this with the reception team, they did all they could to help you and the problem was resolved.
The water temperature feedback is of concern to me and do I hope that you reported it at the time. Our maintanance team work tirelessly 24 hours a day to ensure that these types of issue never arise. This is certainly not something that has ever come to my attention but I will be speaking with the maintanance manager to report the issue you had during your stay and I would like to offer my sincere apologies that you had to experience a warm shower.
Our spa is an extremely popular facility at St Mellion as does get booked up very quickly. My apologies you didn't have the opportunity to try out some of our fantastic treatments during your stay. May I advise that before your next stay with us, you book your treatments in advance on 01579 352026. Our Spa team look forward to seeing you soon for a well deserved pamper!
Your comments regarding the Brasserie are very disappointing. I am sorry that you have several issues to feedback, but please be assured that these have been fully discussed with both the Resort Director and the Brasserie Manager and have been resolved. Communication between departments is better, staff are better trained in job knowledge and customer service and waiting times for food have been significantly reduced.
Thank you for your kind comments on our Housekeeping staff - we regularly recieve positive comments about the hard work that they do and we ensure that they are highly praised for this.
Thank you also for saying that you WOULD reccommend St Mellion. I am confident that we have now resolved all of the issues you highlighted and that your next stay with us will be enjoyed thoroughly.

Thank you again for such great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to St Mellion International Resort in the not so distant future.

Warmest Regards,

Lisa Brammer

Reviewed 26 December 2009

Went here midweek in December, with baby in tow. The staff were exceptional, every single one we met. Friendly, efficient and always went out of their way to help. The courses are in very good condition, and the hotel amenities are top-notch. Would go back in an instant.

1  Thank jjclondonuk