Our stay was for 3 nights with breakfast. On arrival we checked in to our superior room which was very well decorated and clean. The balcony overlooked the 18th hole with lovely views of the countryside beyond.
One small thing to note was that there was no trouser press and the lighting in the bathroom was a little dim. Otherwise we were more than happy with the room and would recommend the superior room as standard accommodation is probably overlooking the car park with no balcony.
We ventured out to the swimming pool and found the leisure pool to be out of use due to high levels of chlorine we decided to take a swim in the main pool and make use of sauna and steam room. We were surprised to be told there was a strict policy of only one towel each although we could have additional ones at an extra £1.50 each after a short discussion we were given extra towels at no extra charge. I found it astonishing that a hotel of this standard would expect guests to pay extra for addtional towels.
The main pool was very busy with children and it seems the pool is used for swimming lessons by non residents.
The full breakfast was plentiful very tasty sausages and bacon sourced from a local butcher and plenty of fruit yogurt cereal etc.
We ate in the restaurant 2 out of 3 nights and it was very nice and service was very good.
There are not many restaurants in surrounding area but one night we ate out in Plymouth at the Barbican kitchen Brasserie.
All said and done this is a very good hotel with friendly staff and and we enjoyed our stay and got a good night's sleep in this quiet location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Unparalleled Rest & Relaxation at St Mellion International Resort Discover a world of cosmopolitan pleasures within the grounds of St Mellion. Set in 450 acres of breath-taking Cornish countryside, the resort offers an exceptional blend of four-star accommodation, inspired dining and outstanding business and event facilities. Located in Saltash, just 10 miles from Plymouth, St Mellion offers a well-deserved escape to the countryside right on your doorstep. Steeped in elegance; a place where miles of open green valleys wait at every turn. The resort is best known for the Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, the first European course personally designed by Jack Nicklaus, which draws accomplished and casual golfers from around the world looking to improve their game. With the addition of luxurious bedrooms, casual and fine-dining restaurant options, swimming pools, fitness, tennis and spa facilities, it's what makes St Mellion an all-encompassing leisure hub and resort of choice. Adding a friendly welcome to the exquisite setting of St Mellion, our team have created a luxury experience that anticipates the needs of our valued guests, offering you and your family endless possibilities for recreation and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your St Mellion International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Mellion International Hotel Saltash
- St Mellion International Resort Saltash, Cornwall