“Perfect every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cardinals Hatt

Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Saltash
Price range: US$16 - US$29
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the Cardinals Hatt, which is on the site of the old Holland Inn in Saltash. Our superbly refurbished restaurant, bar and patio area are now open for business. The restaurant is open to for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are happy to provide private dinning for your special occasions (by prior arrangement).We have comfortable rooms available on a Bed and Breakfast basis. All our rooms are ensuite and come with colour TV's, Tea and Coffee making facilities, off road private parking and a full English Breakfast which is served in our restaurant. Our room rates are highly competitive.
Saltash, United Kingdom
“Perfect every time”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Visited this establishment a few times now and have never been disappointed. Service always excellent and made to feel exceptionally welcome, food as always never disappoints, always consistent in presentation, flavour and over all delivery. I always recommend this place and think if you want some where special to eat and get that satisfactory feeling then this is the only place to go in Saltash. Perfect every time x

• Visited July 2014
Jack M, General Manager at The Cardinals Hatt, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Kerryh607

I’m delighted that you have enjoyed your visits to The Cardinals Hatt.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“A very disappointing experience”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This used to be an excellent place for meeting and having a meal on a Sunday. We went over yesterday, thinking along the lines of a carvery, only to be told that they only do a plated roast. Still, we thought, we chance it..... What a disappointment. The spuds were hidden under the meat and the spoonful of swede was also very well hidden. The pork slices that hubby had actually looked like bacon rashers.... although I must say that my roast beef was tasty. The extra veg (if you can call it that) was a side dish with about a dozen carrot batons, as many again of thin green beans and the same again of peas in the pod. Altogether it looked like a plated dish you would give to a 5 year old..... The words to use would be, NEVER AGAIN - Shame they've spoiled what was a great place.

Dear pmckissick

Welcome to TripAdvisor and congratulations on your first review. Apologies about the belated response.

I have discussed your review with our Head Chef and with the Restaurant Manager and they have since made some changes to how the Sunday Roast is served. If we are made aware of issues at the time of service then we are to remedy the situation however it is very difficult to do so once you leave the building.

I hear very few people call The Holland Inn a great place but it just goes to show that you can please some of the people some of the time but you can’t please all the people all of the time!
I feel saddened that you will not be returning to The Cardinals Hatt

Regards,

Annan. Scotland
“dinner”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent food, and I mean EXCELLENT food, we arrived about 1815hrs for dinner, but it started to get a bit busy after 1900hrs, just if you were wanting a quiet dinner, advise to go early, but deffinatly recomend the food

Visited June 2014
Dear exfiremanmush

Thank you for your recent review.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your experience at The Cardinals Hatt

Saltash, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I reviewed this restaurant earlier this year when I was impressed with the food, service and value for money. I visited again this week when I was disappointed to find that the menu had changed and the prices had risen by a considerable amount. In January I had a delicious gammon steak costing under £11, this time I had to pay £12 for a so called Caesar Salad which came without croutons or Parmesan, so I paid an extra £2.50 for some chips to go with it. My husband and the friends we were with also had very mediocre food at inflated prices. I hope the management realise that when the tourists go home at the end of the summer they will need to rely on local trade. We shall be patronising the other pubs in the area who still give good value for money.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Maire W
Dear Marie W

Thanks for taking the time to review The Cardinals Hatt again. Apologies that it has taken me so long to respond, we have had a very busy summer.

I passed back your review to our kitchen team at the time of your review and ensured that stricter standards are upheld with regard to meal presentation. It is unacceptable that your meal was essentially unfinished.

The majority of our food is sourced through local suppliers and this can cause prices to increase. But we find it tastes much better and you get to feel good about helping to support the local economy.

I hope to welcome you back again in the future. Perhaps come in and try our Table D’Hote menu which offers two courses for £12 and changes daily.

Launceston, United Kingdom
“Splendid”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Had a few meals here some good some not so good. Tonight they were really busy in the dining room due to the live music. We had a great dinner and the music was good too. The Cajun pork was superb. The service from the girls was great, had a really good evening. Thank you.

• Visited June 2014
Dear Vanessa C

Thanks for your review.

Sorry that we didn't deliver the standard you expect from us previously but I'm delighted that we managed to make amends on this particular visit.

I have passed on your kind words to our waitresses.

I hope to see you at the next live music night.

Kind Regards