“Family lunch”

Ranked #8 of 44 Restaurants in Saltash
Price range: US$16 - US$29
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, British, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Cardinals Hatt, which is on the site of the old Holland Inn in Saltash. Our superbly refurbished restaurant, bar and patio area are now open for business. The restaurant is open to for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are happy to provide private dinning for your special occasions (by prior arrangement).We have comfortable rooms available on a Bed and Breakfast basis. All our rooms are ensuite and come with colour TV's, Tea and Coffee making facilities, off road private parking and a full English Breakfast which is served in our restaurant. Our room rates are highly competitive.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just had a great lunch here today. Service was really good and whilst there was a slight delay in e food arriving it was fresh and appetising. With two children aged 3&2 it was a challenge to find food that would entice them but the children's menu was good and the portions were generous. The adults menu eas just as strong and well presented. Go there again? Certainly.

Jack M, General Manager at The Cardinals Hatt, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Forgeronfp

Thanks for taking the time to review The Cardinals Hatt.

I’m glad that you and your family enjoyed your recent lunch at The Cardinals Hatt. All of our food is cooked fresh to order which can occasionally lead to a delay in the service but we always find that it’s worth the wait!

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We attended a wedding reception yesterday of my beautiful stepdaughter claire when she married luvly alex. It was just perfect.. the room was decorated perfectly, the food was excellent and the staff were brill.. nothing was too much trouble for them. If anyone is looking for a venue for yr wedding then this is the place for u..

Jack M, Front Office Manager at The Cardinals Hatt, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Mazzymoom

Thanks for your kind words about The Cardinals Hatt

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your celebrations at The Cardinals Hatt and hope to welcome you back again in the near future. It was a pleasure to be a part of Claire and Alex’s big day.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My daughter had her reception here yesterday and in my opinion it could not have gone better. Venue was perfect. Food was lovely and staff were very pleasant ant helpful. Would highly recommend this for a wedding reception

Dear Rocket1953

Thanks for the great review!

It was a pleasure to be a part of your family’s special day. I hope to welcome you all back again in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I can't believe some of the reviews that are here. After reading some of the mixed reviews about poor service and food, my husband took a chance and booked our anniversary dinner here. The staff weren't very warm to begin with but by the time we left we found them very friendly. We shared the ocean platter which was delicious (& tempting to have just on my own), followed by a perfectly cooked rare steak for my husband with a fair portion of chunky chips. I had Guinea fowl which was surprising good with pesto and goats cheese croquettes.

Dessert was green apple cheesecake (with a star shaped apple on top and apple syrup), and raspberry vanilla brûlée with home made shortbread.

All in all we were most impressed by the food and the reasonable prices, and good to find a restaurant so close to home. Will definitely be returning again.

Dear KatPollCornwall

Thanks for taking the time to review The Cardinals Hatt

I’m glad that you chose to ignore some of our earlier reviews and I am delighted that we succeeded in surpassing your expectations. Our summer menu has been very popular and our homemade Cheesecake is more popular than ever!

I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I ordered a gammon steak with poached eggs from the day menu and was persuaded to have the gammon from the 'offer' menu on the basis that it was cheaper. It was not mentioned to me that it was a different meal. I was then charged £23.50 for the meal and a pint. When I pointed out that was rather expensive it took two staff a couple of minutes before they could sort out the real price. They then forgot to pour my pint. When the meal arrived, the gammon was OK but nothing more, having quite a bit of fat on it. There were no eggs but onion rings which seemed to have been fried in old oil. My plate was left there for quite a time after I had finished and funnily enough, no one asked if I had enjoyed my meal!

1  Thank JoeGWD

Dear JoeGWD

Thanks for taking the time to review The Cardinals Hatt.

I apologise for the confusion which took place during your recent visit. Over the summer we had to take on additional members of staff as we were extremely busy. Unfortunately at the beginning of the summer this meant that we were trying to train up new staff during the busiest time of year.

To stop user errors on the ePOS tills, only the manager on duty is able to correct errors on the till. This means that when situations such as yours arise it will naturally take two members of staff (the manager and the server) a few moments to work out your bill.

I am glad that you found the meal generally to your satisfaction, if you had made us aware of the issue with the gammon at the time we would have happily replaced the meal for you.

It is our company policy to return to the table within a few minutes of food being delivered and to clear dishes promptly when customers have finished eating. I apologise that this was not the case on your visit and I can only put this down to a staff training issue.

Kind Regards,