“A Pleasant Change”

Price range: US$8 - US$33
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My Son took me out for lunch on Saturday and very pleasant it was too. The menu suited me, the service was pretty good and the pub great, especially if you're a sports fan. There were four of us and we had Caesar Salad, Chicken Goujons, Burgers and Chips, with 2 Diet Cokes, a pint of Lager and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. This all came to £44 which is quite reasonable.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Was here a few days ago. Got a main meal & dessert. The main was great, sadly the dessert was a disappointment.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have been to the Planters many times as a couple with friends and for family celebrations .The food has always been excellent our friends have been very impressed . The staff are attentive and friendly .

Reviewed 11 March 2014

A friend and I eat here quite often at lunch time and we have never had a bad meal. My favourite meal is their melt in the mouth gammon, I don't know how they cook it but it is always delicious. Staff very friendly and efficient.

1  Thank Martha6175
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

The planters has certainly lost it's charm over the years since renovation . From somewhere I regularly frequented to somewhere I rarely go.

Now I remember why , I went for Sunday lunch today with my family , there was no atmosphere staff barely cracked a smile let alone strive to endeavour to provide too notch service .

The food is as bland and boring as I last remembered , very disappointed . I could honestly have cooked better at home , no joke ! . Who is this chef !? Please strive for perfection , someone has git a little too comfortable is say.

I won't be back that's for sure .

3  Thank foxyladyxo