“Day out”
Review of Wilfrid's

Wilfrid's
Ranked #23 of 97 Restaurants in Ripon
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch here, found it by accident but glad I did. Had bacon, bro & cranberry panini with chips & side salad plus coffee. Served quickly & efficiently & it was delicious. You can find this hidden gem down the little street on the right, opposite the cathedral main doors . I’ll be back. The breakfast is served til 12 noon. Wheelchair friendly as the loo is on ground floor, plenty of room for manoeuvre in cafe too.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We popped in for a cuppa after a wander around a rather rainy day in Ripon, which is a lovely place to wander around, even in the rain! We were attracted by the lovely butterflies in the window, which gave the café a nice atmosphere.

I can only say sorry to the very wonderful waitress who put up with my cousin and her dislike of candied peel. To be fair, she is diabetic, so does like to avoid sugary things.

She's also prone to asking for a jug of hot water when ordering a black coffee. Again, fair enough. But I have no idea why she decided to pour from my husband's teapot into her coffee. Honestly, it was like a trip out from a day centre and thankfully the waitress couldn't have been more helpful, but I'm sure she was glad to see us leave!

Again, thank you for putting up with us. The tea/coffee and teacakes were lovely, by the way.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Wilfrid’s is a very smart cafe in the modern style. The menu is typical cafe fare with a range of breakfasts, hot snacks, sandwiches etc. There are also some main meals on the specials board. Prices are very reasonable.

I had the Yorkshire breakfast which was substantial and very tasty.
The price was £6.45 and although my pot of tea was extra, I still thought it was good value and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Service was also very good.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

This café is close to Ripon Cathedral, and I come in here for a light lunch. After some deliberation I am encouraged to try the scone with jam and cream, accompanied by my inevitable cappuccino with lots of froth. All of which is brought to my table by the friendly lass, and all of which is very satisfying.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We found this wonderful cafe as we visited Ripon to plan Yorkshire Day 2018 with Ripon City Council and the Cathedral. What a pleasant experience it was. Super smoked salmon and scrambled egg and noticed lots more to choose from.