“Delightful B&B”

Bishopton Grove House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ripon
Bishopton Grove House
Ranked #18 of 19 Ripon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed for one night in the middle of a cycle tour. The welcome I received was very warm and friendly. My bike was securely locked in the garage and I was shown to the most delightful room.
John and Susi were excellent hosts and the following day I had a wonderful breakfast.
Bishopton Grove House is a lovely place to stay and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Bishopton Grove House

Reviewed 17 August 2012

A single night stay prior to walking across the dales, made very welcome, with great advice from John about good places to eat and drink in the evening. comfortable room and an excellent breakfast cooked to order.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Only a two night stay last week but I wish it could have been longer. The house is warm and welcoming, and John and Susi are superb hosts..friendly but not "in your face". My stay was for a difficult personal reason, and getting back to my lovely room each evening was such a pleasure, peaceful and certainly the best refuge I could have had

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The good: Ripon is a lovely place and the B&B is in a good location with off-road parking. Host John although helpful, was abrupt. The room was spacious and we had a very well-stocked caddy with tea, coffee, biscuits and even hot chocolate. Breakfast was made to order. My partner had a full English while I had continental where there was a decent choice of cereals as well as toast, yogurts and bananas.
The TV worked fine and we had freeview.
Lovely large home.

The bad: As I said before, John was fairly abrupt. I was told there was "no chance" of being able to have breakfast at 10am. The room was so dated - we were greeted by strawberry milkshake-coloured walls.
The bathroom was also very outdated and is crying out for a renovation.
We had hardly any sleep as we rolled in about midnight after going to a wedding but we were woken at 5am because the curtains were paper thin.
One for the ladies to bear in mind...there is no way of straightening your hair in front of the mirror! The plugs are few and far between and the mirror is attached to the wall.

The ugly: I took a photo of the lampshade the dust was that hideous. I know it's picky but it's unacceptable.
There was a large stain on one of the chairs in the room - grim.

The room was £60 but a friend bid for it in an auction so we paid £40. I'm pleased we didn't pay the £60.

By all means give it a go if you don't mind dated decor. I won't lie and say it's spotless though.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Martha R
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed with John and Susi whilst doing the Way of the Roses cycle ride. It made for an very good stop over, John was very friendly and hospitable and Susi made a great breakfast.

Bikes can be stored in the garage and our wet clothes were kindly dried out on the Aga.

It is about a 15 minute walk into central Ripon - not too far. We thought it was good value.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed in the huge family room - very spacious, clean, beautifully decorated. The breakfast was amazing, the hosts were lovely and exceptionally friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon R
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed here whilst cycling The way of the Roses - (coast to coast Morecambe to Bridlington)
We received a warm welcome from John and Susi who treated us just like family.
We had had a tough cycle ride from Settle and Susi immediately offered her large bath to soak in and use of all her luxury toiletries.
Our room was very spacious and the beds were extremely comfortable. Breakfast was superb and everything was from local suppliers.
Many thanks for making our stay so comfortable and also such an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripon
The Royal Oak Hotel
#1 of 1 in Boroughbridge
Mallard Grange
Mallard Grange
#1 of 2 in Aldfield

Been to Bishopton Grove House? Share your experiences!