“Good location and food”

Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Ripon
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chimes Cafe - only open during the day
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Taking advantage of a day off together and the great weather we had lunch here. Thankfully there were a couple of tables available in the courtyard garden enabling us to enjoy a bit of sun. Had a very tasty four cheese and caramelized onion quiche which was accompanied by a nice dressed salad and crisps and washed down with an iced latte. There is a very good lunchtime menu and some very nice cakes and scones. The service here is always prompt and friendly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Chimes was recommended to me by friends whilst we were holidaying near Ripon, and I wasn't disappointed - it was so good, I returned a second time. The cafe is ideally located just opposite the Cathedral and a short walk from the marked square - and don't be put off by the small frontage, there's a lot more room inside. On my first visit the quiche - clearly popular - had already sold out, so I opted for a bacon sandwich, which came with a pot of tangy tomato relish and was everything a bacon sandwich should be. On my second visit I couldn't resist the cherry and marzipan scones: very sweet, stuffed full of cherries, and went excellently with a cafetiere of Blue Mountain coffee. Lovely - when can I come back?

1  Thank Sara F
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you are visiting Ripon, or indeed live in the local area, and fancy a light meal in rustic surroundings, then a trip to Chimes Cafe should fit the bill, really great service, friendly staff and lovely food, and sensible prices. Give them a visit, also if you are a fan of Lemon Meringue? The Chimes Pie is delicious.

1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The best cafe in ripon! Without a doubt!
The staff are soo friendly and warming, always feel welcomed.
Great variety of different foods and treats to eat! Best scones in Yorkshire!
You need to try his famous scones! The cakes are always freshly homemade and delishious!
They have a lovely cosy garden , perfect when the sun's out to enjoy your lunch or a cold refreshing alcholic beverage.

1  Thank Nicola C
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Visited today with my husband. We sat in the garden, in the sun, to have a light lunch. Goats cheese and beetroot salad was one of the best I've tasted. Fresh and plentiful. Cakes and coffee after meant a long walk along the canal was needed. Wonderful staff in beautiful setting.

1  Thank Sconelover2016