“Wedding”

Ranked #2 of 91 Restaurants in Ripon
Price range: US$12 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established in 1985 and serving traditional Italian food of high quality at competitive prices, situated in Ripon's oldest street Kirkgate. This grade 2 listed building is the home of the city first and longest established restaurant with dining area over three floors. Private parties can be catered for in a separate dining area on the first floor.there is an extensive "specials" blackboard which offers seasonal dishes like game or seafood and offering a early bird menu daily from 4.30 p.m. until 6.30 p.m.and we also cater for specialist dietary requirement.highly recommended on TRIP ADVISOR and FREE WI/FIbenvenuti alla mia casa
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic meal with friends and family, pre ordered as so many of us byt food was great steak cooked as requested would highly recommend

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had a lovely meal here. The service was excellent too. A very attentive and wonderfully chatty waitress could not have been nicer. So why the 'but'? If I'm honest I have a bee in my bonnet about the 'end of meal experience' in restaurants. When I ask for the bill it means I'm ready to pay and go. I don't want to sit and stare at the bill for 15 minutes, I want to pay it. Unfortunately, nobody came to see if I was ready to pay. And after a 15 minute wait I finally managed to attract the attention of a passing waitress (our star waitress had left about 30 minutes earlier - she was an absolute gem), who was extremely apologetic, and went and got the card machine. But being a ratty old chap the generous tip I had been going to leave went back in my pocket. I've felt bad about it ever since, because the waitress we had throughout the meal was amazing. (I put the tip in a Help for Heroes charity box at the hotel, but I now wish I had left it as first intended.) This is a good restaurant. But please, don't just leave a bill and disappear - follow up within a couple of minutes. Your failure to do this spoiled the end of our evening and lost you a tip!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Staying over for one night and picked the restraunt that was no.1 on Tripadvisor, mainly because of the percentage of very high scores. Boy was everybody right!!!! I had booked a table before travelling for 6pm. We arrived at 6:15pm and it was already half full... early bird options are good and end at 6:30pm. By that time there was only 1 table free and that was filled by 6:40pm. This continued for the whole time we were there.. as tables freed so more arrived to fill them. Many were locals and the next table of mother and daughter said they had been regulars (twice a month at least) for the past 12 years. We chose the Early Bird Set Menu - 2 course with extra side dish each. Sauteed mushrooms in a cream, garlic and Tarragon sauce - rich and tasty with 16 button mushrooms. Duck pate with 2 slices of toasted bread - beautiful. for mains it was; tender breast of chicken in a mushroom, cream and white wine sauce - again rich and tasty. Pan fried chicken pieces,crispy bacon,onions,mushrooms and peppers on a bed of iceberg lettuce topped with a honey and grain mustard dressing - absolutely beautiful and a large portion too. The side orders were shared - deep fried courgettes and deep fried potato slices and rosemary, again beautiful and large portions. A bottle of Chardonnay and bottled tap water which was served in a large bottle straight from the fridge - excellent. Finished off with an Irish Coffee. We both left feeling full and very pleased with what was tasty excellent food. Total bill just over £47, very reasonable. Throughout there was the staff were extremely attentive but not intrusive and pleasant.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been coming to Primas for over 20 years now, the food is excellent, the staff are lovely and Franco really cares about his customers. You need to book as it is always busy but on the offchance you want to try without booking they always try to accommodate. Whenever we go out for a meal we head for Prima

1  Thank sharon576
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Always a good meal with a lovely atmosphere, living near Ripon keep coming back time and time again.

Its lovely to find Italian which does more the bog-standard pizza/pasta- they're authentic and inventive with their dishes- last time I was there I had a great sea bass based dish which was a true delight.

Staff are friendly and efficient, yes it is a little crowded and very busy some nights- but this is because its so good!

Highly recommend if you want a real Italian experince without the air miles!