“A nice change”
Review of Ripon Racecourse

Ripon Racecourse
Ranked #4 of 35 things to do in Ripon
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Decided to go to ripon races and because the weather wasn't forecast to be very good paid extra and purchased the gold hospitality package. To be honest I don't feel it offered good value for money. Don't get me wrong it wasn't bad either but I felt that for that much money you could have been treated a bit better... I'm thinking along the lines of what it's like when you go to a footy match and get hospitality. Food was in a onsite cafe and was nice. Above all it was a good experience but I won't be buying hospitality again cause it doesn't offer value for money.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Booking our tickets in advance was a pleasure as the staff are so friendly and helpful. This is a lovely little racecourse. Big enough to be professional but small enough not to overwhelm the amateur and occasional racegoer. Needs a more classy food offering in the Paddock Enclosure though - the self service restaurant was terrible quality food and dirty.
If it rains, the bars etc are overwhelmed and packed so perhaps needs a few more options.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Lovely racecourse....but we were ripped off twice in one day all inside William Hill. First the bar where it cost £2.40 for a vodka and the soda mixer and a shot of lime and tge price charged jumped to £4.40!!!! So £2 for a shot of lime and soda and it wasn't even filled to the top. TIP: don't have a mixer! We then placed all our remaining 5 bets in William Hill due to the rain, we girls asked for the price on all of the bets which we were told we couldn't have by a very grumpy and rude male assistant (this is not true as my husband placed a bet straight after, asked for the price and got it!) so once again we were ripped off! Very very disappointing as it is such a beautiful course. Women may not know as much about betting as most men but they do know when they are being ripped off!!!!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Friendly people,great reasonably priced food and drink, pleanty of space,easy access, lovely setting what more could I say. Oh forgot great racing too. Enjoy.....

1  Thank Andy6466
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Having visited many of the countries racecourses over the years, Ripon remains one of my favourites. A charming little course with good views of the course and well maintained facilities. Access is easy to and from the course with ample parking. Look forward to going again this summer.

1  Thank UKL808