“Friendly and welcoming” 5 of 5 bubbles

Valentino's
Ranked #17 of 83 Restaurants in Ripon
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Friendly and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Came tour de France weekend so they were very busy. Staff were super friendly and smiley despite being rushed off their feet. The food was lovely as always And the overall atmosphere and experience warm, and very Italian. The staff always make a fuss of my son which he obviously loves! Highly reccommend.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We went for a family meal here a few weeks ago and had a loving meal.

The 3 of us all had Pizzas and they were all perfect, really thin crusts with lovely fresh toppings just the way I like it. The service was very friendly nothing was too much trouble and they put up with my 3 year old son very well, he was well entertain and stayed sat down through the whole meal which is very rare!

For a Thursday tea time (6pm) the place was heaving we took the last available table, as we were leaving at around 7.30 I overheard the large table near us and they were having Italian lesson both me and Husband commented on what a fantastic Idea this was.

We will definitely be coming back and I am really tempted to find out more information about the Italian lessons

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nickytyson
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Went recently with friends food expensive for standard of food served sorry wont be visiting anytime in near future

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank steven h
Leeds, United Kingdom
“great meal & atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Went to a wedding in Ripon and stayed at Ripon Spa Hotel. We were not invited to the wedding breakfast, so went for a drink and meal just along the road to Valentino. The staff were very warm and welcoming. The menus and wine list were excellent. We starters and mains with a carafe of house white wine. My salad had wild sorrel and garlic on picked that morning by the Italian owner on the golf course. We gathered that a Polish waiter was to become the new proprietor as we chatted to him about our many holidays there. We said we would love to return as it was so enjoyable.

• Visited April 2014
Esigodini, Zimbabwe
“Good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I ate at Valentino's for the first time as a combined birthday celebration for my mother and myself with 7 other guests and a very good evening was had by all. I am not an expert on eating out and restaurants but I would happily recommend Valentino's. As others have said, it is very friendly and welcoming with attentive and helpful staff but without being fussy or in your face. As a group we ordered quite a variety of main courses and desserts and everyone was very satisfied with their meal.

I didn't use any of their "facilities" so can't comment on them (except that they are upstairs which might present a problem for disabled people though perhaps they have alternatives) but no-one commented adversely!

It does have a small car park which may not be immediately obvious, likewise the actual entrance to the restaurant. It does not have a "scenic" view but it is not an unpleasant outlook if you like to watch the world go by! It is on a comparatively busy street by Ripon standards but the sound of cars can't be heard.

I would go again!