Swinton Park Country Club and Spa
The Unicorn(Ripon)(Great Value!)
US$52
  • Restaurant
US$145
The BW Crown Hotel(Boroughbridge)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$93
US$94
US$127
US$88
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
1,451 results
All reviewsdrawing roomcookery schoolbirds of preydeer parksamuels restaurantterrace restaurantafternoon teaturret suitetasting menusloe ginstately homebradford roomboot roommorning roomwalled gardentreatment roomsclay pigeon shooting
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This was a birthday treat for me. My husband had booked the lunch with a guided tour of the walled garden. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel that we were staying in a friends' home, not a hotel. We were given all the information we needed to make our stay happy and comfortable. This is certainly a "special occasion" venue, but can be strongly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed at Swinton Park for two nights in August 2011 as a family of four (kids aged 9 & 12). We we’re lucky enough to book the Turret suite which isn’t cheap buts its worth the extra. The suite is on three levels with the 1st floor being a reception room (converted to a bedroom for our kids), 2nd floor being the master bedroom and the top floor being an amazing bathroom. Given the Turret room is over three floors with very high ceilings it does have a lot of stairs though so be prepared for some exercise! The hotel generally was very well presented and clean. We had breakfast and evening meal both days and the food was excellent (recommend the tasting menu), my kids were able to eat of the adult menu and I particularly like the staff being so accommodating to kids (often this type of hotel can seat you at the rear of the dining room if to arrive with children!). The dining staff did get a little confused occasionally and at one breakfast siting my daughter waited until we had almost finished for her porridge but this was very minor. The grounds of the hotel are magnificent so its worth exploring, you will see the deer on the estate and nice touches like swings and play houses are dotted around for you to find. The hotel also has birds of prey that you can book a tour of or you can just wander up and look around. This is very peaceful top quality hotel in a beautiful setting and I would have no hesitation in returning.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rob234
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Swinton Park is the most fantastic place for a break. Beautiful parkland, fabulouys rooms, spa treatments, terrific restaurant and much much more. We have always been made to feel very special here. The staff are friendly and helpful. The cooking school is wonderful, the food is fantastic and the walks around the parkland, lakes and gardens are beautiful and exciting. There is a herd of deer, Birds of prey and so much to see and do. A relaxing or energetic place for a break, whichever you chose. Don't miss it.

Room Tip: Look for deals on their website.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My partner and I visited the hotel in Februaury to celebrate his birthday lucky for me we went back for mine. It was just as good as the first time if not better, we had a spa for two lovely exclusive use of sauna and hydro pool. The food was fantastic at dinner, service unobtrusive.
Again all the small touches made it all a vey special occasion for me , well done again on a superb level of service , matches any five star I know

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Our 3rd visit in the last 12 months I think says it all. A wonderful relaxing 3 days away, with fine dining every night (Michelin standard). Great staff, friendly and attentive from the minute you arrive to leaving. We love this place and keep coming back. It was the first time we have stayed in Masham room which was beautiful (We love Bradford room too but it was booked already - lucky devils!). Have have stayed in other smaller and bigger rooms too, all are lovely and spacious. The walks in the grounds were as scrumptious as ever and the sun always seems to shine when we are there :-) Looking at all the food you may be about to eat in the walled garden is rather special too (& the venison - yum yum). I would recommend this place to anyone. Even if you are on a budget the last minute deals are very reasonable but I would advise you to take dinner too as the food is of a very high standard. There were a couple of minor issues which were resolved quickly and not worth a mention. We hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did. We look forward to returning at Christmas. Keep up the good work Swinton Park.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple