“Lovely food at the So! Bar”

SO! Bar and Eats Ripon
Ranked #19 of 84 Restaurants in Ripon
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ripon, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely food at the So! Bar”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We had an early dinner before the cinema and the menu was so varied and different, I really didn't know what to have. The Beef wrap was great, a bit messy (probably just me!) but really tasty, my partner had a burger which he enjoyed but he was jealous of my chunky chips as his were fries! Service good! Nice atmosphere! On the day we went there was no cask ale as there had been a problem with the lines, which was a bit disappointing but I would go again to eat just to try something else off the menu!

Visited June 2014

Ripon, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub average food”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I like the bar and atmosphere a lot. However food is hit and miss. A couple of times I have enjoyed my meal but 2/3 times have been disappointed. Service always seems a bit On the slow side too. The food was ok just trying to be fancier than it is when taste needs working on. Doesn't compare to so in Harrogate or knaresborough which are both much nicer x

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Marie T
Akumal, Mexico
“Best lunch in England”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Exploring Ripon after a visit to the cathedral, we happened upon So! The exclamation mark s deserved. We had the most delicious lunch! My pulled pork sandwich on a freshly baked roll was out of this world. My wife had a slow dunkin beef cooked inside freshly baked Yorkshire pudding.
The freshly cut chips were the best we had in a month of chips in England.

• Visited June 2014
Ripon, United Kingdom
“fab eats and drink”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Best bar on the market! All staff are friendly and chatty, very welcoming with fabulous food! The food doesn't take long, but even if we would of had to wait it would definitely be worth doing so.

• Visited June 2014
Bedale, United Kingdom
“Great service, fab menu.”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Really enjoyed our first meal at So bar this evening. Gemma our waitress couldn't have been more helpful and she seems to really enjoy her job! The menu is great and I can't wait to go back. Fantastic prices and great food. Loved the presentation (my burrito arrived in a small silver bucket!!). Overall a great place to eat with good food and excellent service.

• Visited April 2014