“Trendy food”

Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Old Deanery restaurant is spread out over 3 dining rooms, allowing you to dine overlooking our stunning gardens or the magnificent Ripon Cathedral. Open for lunch, dinner & available to book for private dining, celebrations & weddings.
London, United Kingdom
“Trendy food”
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I had trouble choosing something from the menu because everything had an odd ingredient in it or was covered in an unappealing sounding sauce. I realise this is a purely personal standpoint and that this kind of creative cooking is all the rage but it wasn't for me. I chose an innocent sounding risotto but when it came, eveything on the plate was drowning in cream. Really unpleasant.
The setting and decor is great though, with a lovely view across to the cathedral. The bar is also a very nice place to have a drink with outside seating on warm evenings.

harrogate
“Service was very bad”
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We booked a table by telephone a few days earlier for a special meal. we duly arrived, found nobody on reception and after waiting twenty minutes we were eventually given a menu. Then we were told chef was busy tonight, so if we wanted to eat we would have to come back another night. We asked to see the manager, only to be told the manager was not working tonight and as such there was nothing that could be done for us. Not even offered a drink or an apology.I have since heard complaints that the standards are not very high in all departments and we will not return or recommend this dreadful place to anyone. As we were leaving screaming and shouting could be heard between other staff and smashing plates then followed,so not a good night in all respects.So if you want to go out for a special meal like we attempted to, do not go to the Deanery in Ripon

6 Thank deancare
Leeds
“Not the cheapest hotel ever but worth every single penny!”
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed in one of the four poster bedrooms which overlooked the beautiful garden. The room was fantastic. Spacious, clean, and with all the stuff you would expect of a good hotel. The staff were incredibly friendly (I was secretly proposing to my girlfriend and they helped me with my plans) and nothing was too much trouble. After she fortunately said yes we went down to dinner. Having eaten at one of Ramsey's restaurants before I can say the food was on a parr, if not better. It was absolutely incredible. In a nutshell the best things about the hotel are - the food and the shower (went in three times for a one night stay).

Ripon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exquisite Valentine's Meal”
Reviewed 16 February 2009

We are local to the Old Deanery, and have visited the restaurant
on numerous occasions. We attended on Valentine's Evening
and I have to say it truly was a gastronomic delight.
The menu was well thought out, and the presentation was stunning.
The staff are very helpful and pleasant, and nothing is too much trouble for the Linda (The Owner)
Overall I would probably say this is the best meal we have ever had.

Wendy and Ken
Ripon

Oxenhope
“Fantastic Sunday Lunch for 4 - Great Service - Superb”
Reviewed 15 February 2009

We booked a table for 4 at the Old Deanery over the telephone. They were wonderful just taking the booking. Then we arrived, today, for Sunday lunch. A Warm welcome, took our coats, we sat in our leather seats by the log fire and our drinks arrived perfectly. The menus were specific to Sunday Lunch - and were spot on. The young waitresses were very good indeed and the hostess - we assume the owner - was simply wonderful. The starters were great - light - appetising - perfect. The main courses were just super - hot plates, served well, looked good and tasted even better. The sweets were to die for (although only 2 of us had room for them!). Coffee, drinks etc. etc. costing a total £88 for the 4 of us - as far as we are concerned - good value for what can only be described as great surroundings right opposite the cathedral. This is a place we will definitely go back to!