“Bistro 47, what a fabuous find!!!”
Review of Bistro 47 - CLOSED

Bistro 47
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My partner and I dined at this exquisite little bistro on Sunday evening for our anniversary. What a pleasant experience this was.
For starters we had delightful sticky ribs (this sauce should be bottled and trade marked by the chef) followed by peppered beef salad for me and 12oz sirlion steak for my other half. The steak was cooked to perfection and just the way he had ordered it. The steak was accompanied with french fried onions, grilled tomato and a delightful Jack Daniels sauce. Our side orders of chef's choice of vegetables, champ and garlic fries were adequately seasoned and equally tasty.
Our overall experience at this bistro was pleasant, the staff were very attentive and efficient. The attention to detail of the freshly cut flowers at reception and in the ladies room was a nice little touch that added to the ambiance of this establishment. This restaurant is definitely worth a visit and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to friends, family and work colleagues. Well done Bistro 47, we will be back soon!!!

1  Thank CaoimheDiva

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Live in lurgan and decided to try this place due to good reviews and early bird menu. Arrived just before 5.30, order was taken just before 5.45. At 6.10 we asked politely could the waitress check how long our food was going to be as the next table arrived 10 minutes after we had ordered and had been served their starters. She refused to check on how much longer the food would take, in the most arrogant and dismissive manner.
We were so shocked we would have walked out there and then except for two very hungry children. At 6.20 food finally arrived, steak was good and well cooked but everything else was poor. Greasy, tasteless goats cheese tart, rock hard, bottom of the frier chip (crumbs? ) and dried spaghetti. Eat out quite a lot but would definitely never return here.

1  Thank Carla S
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I am known for my use, sometime verbose use, of words! I love words and the more rare the better! The English language is a most rich and expressive language; but, even I, have come to the end of my tether! Words fail me, when I think, muse and speak about Bistro 47! I am lost for words, as all the words I know (and I'm not about to scan and scour the dictionary for other ones, well not now, maybe again!) are absolutely inadequate to describe our most recent experience of Bistro 47!

Words like ... amazing ... wonderful ... delightful ... exquisite ... superb ... and any other mustering of superlatives totally pale into insignificance against the colour and candescence that is Bistro 47!

I wanted to say a special 'thank you' to two special people, my Father and Mother-in-law, so I thought the best way to say that was to entertain and treat them to Sunday Lunch at Bistro 47! This was their first time, but I don't think it will be their last time! From the first welcome from Briege to the final pleasure of paying a bill which undervalued the pleasure we had had, we were truly delighted!

The starters were, as always, brilliant ... the Chef's Soup of the Day (Carrot and Coriander) served with warm crusty bread was enjoyed by my In-Laws! The rest of us enjoyed the Thai Fishcakes, Mango & Apple Salsa, Lemon Aioli and Dressed Salad for starters! Always a wonderful choice!

The main courses were just as good, if not more so! Breast of Chicken Wrapped in Bacon, Sage & Onion Stuffing, Mash, cabbage and Pan Gravy was ordered and enjoyed by 4 of our group, and Slow Braised Lamb Shoulder, Lamb Rump, Puy Lentils, caramelised Shallots, redcurrant & Mint Gravy was ordered and enjoyed by me!

Desserts of Brownies, Cheesecake and Apple Pie were scoffed and enjoyed to the full!

My only regret was that I didn't take pictures of each course so that you can see what I ranting and raving about! But next time I will!

I cannot recommend Bistro 47 highly enough! No matter where I eat, whether in Northern Ireland or the British mainland, Southern Ireland, Italy or the USA, or in Michelin starred restaurants I still have to say that nowhere compares with the Bistro 47 experience!

For once, words fail me! Lol!

1  Thank Wallace45
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Met up with friends who I hadn't seen for over a year - we are scattered all over NI so tried to pick somewhere in the middle and came up with Lurgan. We checked Trip Advisor for places to eat and picked this place as it was #1.

The waiting staff were very friendly and welcomed us in. It doesn't look like much from the outside but is tastefully decorated with a nice atmosphere once you are inside.

We were disappointed that we had just missed the early bird menu but there was a good selection on the menu and we all enjoyed what we ordered. Portions were huge! We didn't have dessert but sat on chatting over a cup of tea. We must have been there for about 3 hours and at no point were we made to feel in the way or that we should move on.

I would definitely call again if I was in the area and we said that if the food was good we will go back again in time for the early bird menu - and we will!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Have been several times and haven't been disappointed yet. Food is excellent, service is great and staff very friendly. As for price - well I can say is I've paid far more for less in a few places we've visited in Belfast.