“Fantastic hotel”
Review of The Ashburn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lurgan
The Ashburn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lurgan
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at The Ashburn Hotel in Lurgan when I travelled to Ireland for my Cousins wedding last weekend. I had the best stay in this lovely hotel and couldn't fault anything about it. Our room was very spacious and very nicely decorated. The food in both the restaurant and the main bar was absolutely delicious and as for the staff they couldn't help you enough. Our room was spotless and all staff in the hotel were very helpful and friendly. The location of the hotel was ideal as well as it is less than a 5 minute walk to Lurgan train station which we used to travel into Belfast. It is also a 10 minute walk to the high street and also to Brownlow House where my cousin got married. This hotel definitely made our stay even more enjoyable and I would use this hotel again and again if I ever visit Lurgan in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Victoria-Holland

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at the Ashburn for 3 nights when in the area for a family celebration. The hotel is pleasant - and the staff are really helpful and friendly - but our room was a little tired. The bed was comfortable and there was tea and coffee making equipment and an iron and ironing board in the room. The bathroom was clean and fresh towels were provided every day.

The breakfast is wonderful - cereals and fruit juice are freely available, and there is a wide menu which allows you to select your favourite foods. The sliced ham in particular is out of this world! The waitress who served us at breakfast was a lovely person who could not be friendlier or more helpful.

The only drawback was that Room 6 has a window that opens onto the rear of the hotel - and the fan from (I assume) the air-conditioning downstairs is right outside - the noise was not too loud, but it never stopped...!! We were forced to have the window closed, even though we hate this, as neither of us could sleep because of the incessant humming. I was very glad that the recent heat-wave had passed...

As a place to stay for a few nights, the hotel is excellent value, and offers a good base from which to explore the surrounding area, as it is close to the railway station.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 6 if you want to sleep with your window open
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue W
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I have been staying in this hotel once a month for at least 12 years now and I have seen massive changes not only in the hotel but the entire town. The hotel has undergone steady improvements throughout this time changing it from a great place to stay to a real home from home with possibly the friendliest staff I have ever come across. Nothing is to much trouble.
The Food is excellent ( I recommend the stakes), the rooms are comfortable, clean and well decorated.
I always look forward to staying here as I know I will be well looked after.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the back as the traffic can be load
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tim B
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed here while visiting relatives in the area. Friendly staff. We had a nice welcome. Room was large & clean. Bed was comfortable. We visited during the unusual heat wave & the staff supplied us with a fan for our room which was a god send. By morning this fan had bite the dust but the staff found us a larger & even better one for our 2nd night. Very kind. Breakfast was ok. A bit too big for me. The amount on the plate put me off. Next morning I had scrambled eggs & tomato. This was much more to my taste although I sure some people would like a huge fry up in the morning to keep them going all day. Very reasonable price. Comfortable stay. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have a fitness centre or swimming pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shonahowie
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We booked the hotel as it was near to friends that we were visiting so a perfect location. We were booked in for 2 nights stay. On arrival the staff were very welcoming and friendly. We were given room 5. To be honest we weren't really bothered about the room as long as it was clean as it was just somewhere to get our heads down for the night as we were out most of the time. What a lovely surprise we got. There was a seperate dressing room, a huge modern bathroom and a huge bedroom with super-king size bed and a single bed. There was a large TV, plenty of tea and coffee making facilities and fresh clean towels. The room was finished to the highest standard with beautiful high quality chrome finishings throughout the bedroom and bathroom. we only made it to breakfast on the second morning (thats what happens when you try to drink with the Irish !) but the breakfast was fab and the staff friendly and attentive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of visiting Lurgan, I often stay in hotels for business and for the price this is way better than some of the places I have had the misfortune to stay in. Great value for money, beautiful room, friendly helpful staff and very clean. We look forward to our next visit and will not be looking for anywhere else to stay than The Ashburn.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 66Amanda
AshburnManager, Manager at The Ashburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Thank-you for your comments, and taking the time to write a review.
You had the good fortune to stay in our reciently renovated Bridal Suite which we let at the same price as our other rooms. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Given the choice, I would never travel to Lurgin (or surrounding areas) again, but I wish I could find more hotels in Ireland like the Ashburn. The neighborhood still has barbed wire on the fences and rooftops, metal bars and gates over windows and doors, and an overall eary feeling (perhaps remnant of the "old" Northern Ireland. And amidst the ghetto is an absolutely extraordinary hotel. It's been very well renovated and now looks very contemporary with modern fixtures and amenities. The food in the restaurant and breakfast were pretty good, but very handy if you don't want to walk outside. Definitely use the secure parking in the back of the building.

• Stayed: May 2013
AshburnManager, Manager at The Ashburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and have to agree that we think we are a hidden gem.

Lurgan itself like many areas has been hit by the recession, but we cant speak highly enough of the work Craigavon Council are doing to improve the appearance and image of the town. The town is currently getting new footpaths, all the shops and businesses have been repainted with new signs and are having individual designed artwork applied to their shutters which in the evenings after the shops and business close makes for a very interesting and colourful feature.

We hope that if you ever have the luck to come back to Lurgan you will notice a huge difference and we would certinaly welcome you back to stay with us at the hotel.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Staying here is exactly what we wanted. The staff are extremely friendly and the hotel is clean and simply a nice place to stay. Room is comfortable and food in the bar was good. Definitely recommend it and great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Phil M

Thank you for your comments.

Its great when the staff's hard work is recognised in such a nice way.

Thank-you for taking the time to post your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lurgan
Seagoe Hotel
Newforge House
Newforge House
#1 of 1 in Magheralin
Bannview Luxury Accommodation

Been to The Ashburn Hotel? Share your experiences!