“a place for good night out”

Palomo Cafe and Bistro
Ranked #13 of 49 Restaurants in Lurgan
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Palomo Café & Bistro is one of Lurgans longest running establishments. Initially opened as a Cafe Bar our famous sandwiches & homemade Breads & Pastries we have evolved into one of Lurgans most popular Bistros. We cater for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and atmospheric late night dining on a Friday and Saturday evening.Our Steak Deal is Popular running on fri & sat evenings until 7.30 with our Speciality Gins, Cocktails and local food with a keen emphasise on Fresh Produce. Palomo guarantees you a night out with a difference! Check out our facebook page for menu updates . We are now open Sundays serving Brunch from 10am-12.30 and lunch from 12.30
Lurgan, United Kingdom
“a place for good night out”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

For a night out locally, its the place to be, even though we go out as a couple we have ended up meeting folk we dont know and having a good nights craic, with good food and some music what more could have,,

• Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Great food, great atmosphere and live music to boot!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Living in London, I go to this little gem of a restaurant every time I am in Lurgan and always with different family and friends both for lunch and dinner and have enjoyed it every time. Great food, really well cooked and a very nice wine list. The live music on Saturday nights is a bonus and only adds to the great atmosphere of this wonderful little bistro.

Visited December 2013
“A fantastic place !”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

A gorgeous choice of menu day or night , the food is gorgeous and well presented - the live music is great - an overall great experience ... We always dined out in Belfast but due to change in family circumstances we decided to check this local place out - and how glad are we !! We get the same experience a few minutes up the road - save on petrol and enjoy or lunch or dinner - a welcoming place and I have been both with prams during the day and without at night - a place worth trying out - we have never been disappointed !!

• Visited January 2014
Lurgan, United Kingdom
“Staff need to go on a customer service course.. or just learn some general manners!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Avoid avoid avoid... and REALLY avoid if you have children!

The staff (which I think were infact the owners) we rude and uninterested.. so much so, they actually make you feel like they didn't want you there. Never in any town or city anywhere in the WORLD have we ever felt like this, totally shocking.
I could go on about the extremely bad service all day but you get the gist.

I needed to change my small baby and was told there were no baby changing facilities so I would have to change her in the toilet or on the sink unit! I was gobsmacked.. but my baby needed changing so I put her changing mat (thank goodness I had one with me!) beside the sink and lucky there was just enough room, god knows how I would have changed an older baby.

After all that, the food and drink were very very average.

Even when we walk pass it, my 5 year old says "thankfully we're not going there again Mummy!".. says it all really.

• Visited November 2013
6 Thank anthea s
Lurgan, United Kingdom
“unaccommodating a family with a pram”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

when entering Palomo with a pram i was briefly told by the owner "you'll not get in with that" and he then walked away. We were given no welcome at all and left without being seated or served despite a number of tables being available. when posting an explanation to my complaint on the Palomo Facebook page, it was then deleted!!!! In some years past a sign was displayed in the window which to say that prams were not permitted entry! This sign may have been removed but it is clear that their intentions remain the same! Also to note, No baby change facilities are provided in this establishment! Will never be back!

• Visited December 2013