All reviewshot tublarge groupself cateringmilking parlourtack roomhen dowedding receptionspa treatmentslaid backworking farmlyme regisstunning viewsblown awayfriends weddingmy mumlovely weekendsecond to none
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I don't think the reviews of this place does it any justice at all, It is absolutely Amazing!!
The views from the Hot tubs are second to none and It really is the perfect place to get away for the weekend.
The "Hayloft" Is Cranberries newly built rustic 16 Berth Barn & It was an absolute pleasure to stay in. If you contemplating staying here, Don't Think, Just do it! You wont regret. It truly is a unique place to stay. I will be coming again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Thats exactly what my husband did when he booked this beautiful break for us, stunning setting, excellent facilities....the hot tub was BRILLIANT. Staff were very helpful and extemely curtious. The room we had was beautiful and very very warm, with all the facilities we needed. It really is a hideaway as i had no idea were we were going but once we arrived I was very very pleased to say the least. I would highly recommend this place for a romantic getaway but it also caters for larger groups so maybe me and the girls will be visiting again soon for a pampering weekend.

Room Tip: A room near the hot tub is purfect.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tonityger
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Had a fantastic weekend away as part of friend's birthday weekend. We stayed in the wagon shed and the accomodation was great and the hot tub had the most amazing views. Perfect to enjoy with a glass of celebratory bubbly. Room was lovely and the bed was perfect for sleeping off the fizz!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Cranberries Hideaway and had the best weekend.

The apartment was clean and tidy and had a lovely big comfy bed and clean towels.

Everything is nice and new but it still has that old barn feeling. They left fruit, chocolate, milk and teabags and had everything you needed in the kitchen, cutlery, plates, mugs, a toaster, microwave, oven, kettle and even a dishwasher with dishwasher tablets!

I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend a visit!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We booked this venue many months ago, as we wanted somewhere top quality, with enough rooms for a big family get-together. We booked The Milking Parlour, one of the two bigger properties. We arrived on a Friday teatime. Our first impression was favourable. However, we began to find things were not up to scratch. We soon discovered the American Fridge Freezer was not working. After a couple of hours we realised that everything in the fridge was warm. I called the mobile number for Steve, to tell him of the problem (it was a big issue as there were 16 of us, so we had a huge amount of groceries). No-one came to see what the issue was so we had problems all weekend keeping our food cool. There was also no instruction folder, so we were unable to turn the heating down, and the underfloor hearing made the barn stifling hot. We ended up opening all the windows and doors, wasting huge amounts of energy. The Hot Tubs looked very murky. They were on, but the water did not appear clean and there was a tide line about two inches above the level of the water. No-one wanted to use them... We found a dead crane fly along with a dead moth in the bottom of the (broken) fridge, although someone must have ignored them when they put the milk and orange juice in there before we arrived! I, too, found the general grounds were desperately in need of some TLC. There were weeds everywhere, pushing through the gravel, giving it a run down, neglected feel. It may have looked pretty in the summer, but weeds are weeds, they need pulling up.
There were aspects of cleanliness lacking, masses of dead flies lying under the heater in a bedroom, the floor was dirty between the end of the kitchen units and the fridge.
I contacted the company by email on my return, to advise them of my overall disappointment..sadly, I had high expectations of our stay, as they style their properties 'luxury'. Over two weeks later I am still waiting for any acknowledgment. I told them I wanted to give them feedback directly, rather than give negative feedback through Tripadvisor. I told them the aspects we liked about the place as well as what needed addressing. I felt it was a fair and balanced review of our experience. However, as they have not replied to me, I see no problem in letting people know about the issues, and the lack of interest in their clients concerns. I certainly would not visit the Cranberries again and would not recommend it. It's a shame, as you can see what they are aiming for, but they are failing on attention to detail and customer care.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family